Sportbike World banner

Must...Mountains...Ride...Motorcycle

951 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  LTdoNit 
#1 ·
I went up into the mountains this weekend to go mt.biking with some of my friends(ohio pyle for anyone around here). And i couldn't believe the roads up there. Perfectly paved, very little traffic, and the curves. Good god the curves. I've heard everybody talk about riding in the mountains, but i never imagined it was like that. All i could think about all day while we were riding is that i had to get my motorcycle up there. Im still getting chills.:eek:

#3 ·
Sounds like you found your new playground :).

The mountains are one of my favorite places to ride. I live 10 mins. from the start of a great ride through a canyon up into the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Kinda like going to heaven. With all the pine trees & fresh air it smells great & the curves are neverending. Just one loop is about 160+ miles. Like you said very little traffic & what you do find just makes for fun passing. I love spotting a cage up ahead through the corners then going after it. Just a little extra fun.
Do you have any good roads along the coast? There is a sweet ride from here through the coast mountains & connects up with Hwy 1 which runs along the coast. If you had the willingness you could ride to Washington State all along the coast. Another great ride because of all the sweet corners & the different micro environments you go through as you ride.
Have fun, ride safe, fast but safe:),

#6 ·
The "no traffic" bit is not in my area ----

---for this is a tourist resourt area, so it is loaded with tourists till sometime like late September.
To get to the more eased up parts one suffers on 90KPH roads doing 80 or less, & when one sees 80KPH road it is down to 40 or 50 KPH. That might last some 50 plus miles THEN it starts to open up, but same problem when coming back home --- crawling tourist traffic.
Pos & cons as to where one lives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.