Sportbike World banner

Pushing your limits

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  elo 
#1 ·
Well, I decided to push my limits a little today. Why you ask? Boredom I guess. Had nothing else better to do. :D Nothing bad happend though.

Any whos, went out into the country (usual ride). About 1/4 of a mile from a stop sign kicked her down in to neutral and stood up, no hands. Weird feeling really. No adrenalin pumping though, that was weird.

Went around a bin, loooooooooooooooong straight away. Opened her up to 130. Could have gone faster, but did not for some reason. Still no adrenalin. Putted around for a while, hit some twisties, leaned more so than ever before, scuffed the toe of my boots, adrenal rush!!!!! Blew by a couch... er Harley at 70, gave him a quick wave. Then got stuck behind a dump truck, blew by him like there was not tomorrow. Drove home feeling slightly unsatisfied.

Later on.....

Went out and met the local bike club, hung out with them for a few hours. On the way home an Aprilla MileR blew by me, for some weird reason, I caught up with him. :eek: We weaved in and out of traffic for 4 miles like there was no tomorrow, that was stinkin' fun! That got the ticker running.

Turned off on to my street, got a wild hare up my arse and sat on my tank for a block or 2. Weird seeing the front of the wind screen, rather than the back of it. Got home satisfied.

I am not pushing my limits to far, I just want to ride harder. Any one else have those days where you push yourself a little past where you usually go?

See less See more
#3 ·
lately i had been pushing more andmore until the last few times i went riding i couldn't shake the feeling that I was going to die, I had started backing it into the curves and powersliding out of them, I was pushing it too much everytime, grinding the peg stops completely off both sides of my gsxr-750 and starting to grind off the pegs themselves, my balls were getting bigger than my brain, so I traded it in on a 1995 honda passport, swearing off sportbikes for good after riding for 13 years, now already I have the passport on the classifieds trying to trade for another sport bike, I guess Ill never learn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.