Sportbike World banner

Back Protection

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  hecklerr6 
#1 ·
Anyone know the best place to get a back protector? Not looking to spend too much (I know, my back is worth it... but my wallet can't handle it), maybe $65-$70 max. My suit is pretty tight as it is so I'll need one that is not too bulky and is COOL (live in AZ!!!). Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ride safe.

Heckler

#3 ·
thanks...

Hey Robert--
I actually did check them out. Was thinking about the Teknic 7 plate protector. Any experience with these? Are they bulky? Do they do discounts for Sportbikeworld members? Thanks for the suggestion.

Ride safe.

Heckler

#4 ·
The only set I have experience with is the "Nine piece "Dual Density" Suit Armor Kit". I used it with my old Vanson Suit and it was great! No more bulky than normal armor. If you have never worn armor before it will take a little bit of getting used to.

I've never owned anything made by Teknic so I cannot comment on that.

And sorry, no discounts for Sportbike World members.

#5 ·
i'm not a fan of teknic stuff (personally). i had a glove that ripped in the rain (that just shouldn't happen. they may be a million times better now, but...

for the $65 asking price, you can get a fast lap back protector. www.1888fastlap.com

i never wore one, but it looks better than the dainese thing i have. and my friend said it was very comfy.

www.newenough.com doesn't sell them, but they do get some bargains and they are fast, friendly folks. i bought my leathers from them.

#6 ·
Hey Le,

You know I've got the teknic 7 plate and I don't even notice it. It also cost about $69. If you can't find one up there in phx, let me know and I'll pick one up for you (assuming you'll be at the July track day and it's not canceled). In fact, I just got some new leathers to replace my Joe Rocket Highside suit that I trashed at the last track day. It is the JR Speedmaster and the teknic 7 plate even fits nice with it. The Speedmaster has that hump on the back so I wasn't sure how it would work with the back protector. Anyway, it works great for me and it's cheap.

Jeff

#7 ·
thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to go with the Fast Lap back protector. I was going to get the Teknic one but they only have the 7 plate one. For my vertically challenged stature, I'm afraid it would become a neck protector as well. I'll let you know how the fast lap one turns out. Thanks.

Ride safe.

Heckler

#10 ·
Finally got a back protector. Ended up with the Wintex, per Wayne's suggestion. It's advertised on moto-heaven.com for 80 but I called and spoke to the owner and he gave it to me for 64 shipped. Tried it under my suit and it fits great, not too bulky. I think it's very similar to the fastlap one. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ride safe.

Heckler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.