Getting my bike to the track - question - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Getting my bike to the track - question

Hey Guys,

I will be doing my first trackday next month in Willow Springs, CA (CA Superbike School) and I'm wondering what the best way to get my bike to and from the track would be. A few people suggested a Uhaul pickup truck (I drive an audi a4 w/ no hitch) and I'm wondering if it will be safe to just use tie-downs and no front wheel lock..?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Bueller....Bueller....
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 07:53 AM

Invest in a Baxley sport chock, and rent a pick up. With the bike in the Baxley, and your tie downs, the bike is secure, and you have a place to carry the rest of your stuff for the track day, i.e., EZup, gas cans, fan, ice chests, tools, gear, etc. Otherwise, post up on the boards to see if someone else from your area is going to the same event, and see if they can take your bike in their trailer or truck. Perhaps you can pit with them as well. It's always a good idea to have a buddy for a track event, just in case. You can share costs as well.

You'll have a great time, meet lots of nice people, and learn a lot. Utilize the track coaches and control riders if they don't have classroom instruction for novice riders.

Big thing to remember - BREATHE, and ride within your skill set.
post #4 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 11:44 AM

Agree with Looni2ns. Baxley chock is the best. It also works in the garage (earthquake...). If you go alone, ask for help unloading. Anyone there would help you, and it's safer. Best people you'll ever meet.

Agree BREATHE! Have fun, remember there's no prizes for riding too fast to be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode