Track day and crashes - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Strength and Honor

Track day and crashes

Got to talking to someone about how crashing works at the track. Cops obviously aren't involved, so how does it work if you've been crashed by someone else? I was thinking, initially, if someone lowsided and took me out but now I'm wondering what the case is if they break the organizers' rules about distance from the next bike. Who pays and how is that actually enforced if the cause isn't yourself?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 10:07 AM

Well kanwisch, as a two-time crashee I can without hesitation, say that everybody pays for their own stuff regardless of who caused it. Riding on a racetrack is purely a "ride at your own risk."

Patrick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toystore View Post
Well kanwisch, as a two-time crashee I can without hesitation, say that everybody pays for their own stuff regardless of who caused it. Riding on a racetrack is purely a "ride at your own risk."

So the moral to this story is don't crash! The most important things to remember is go home in the same condition that you arrived in and there is no money at the checkered flag at any time during a trackday.

First timers are the ones to look out for at any trackday.

Hey toystore you crash at jennings?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 04:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneducs View Post
So the moral to this story is don't crash! The most important things to remember is go home in the same condition that you arrived in and there is no money at the checkered flag at any time during a trackday.

First timers are the ones to look out for at any trackday.

Hey toystore you crash at jennings?
i kinda resent that statement. i did my 1st trackday last year, but was thrown in intermediate group, as there were no novice group. i signed up for novice, but got there and was told it was an led event, with the lowest grouping being intermediate. and all i heard from the instructors at the begining of the trackday was there must be a 6' buffer and no passing in corners. those rules went out the window after the 1st lap. i got passed in corners (no prob), and i got passed so close i saw other riders speedometers (again no prob). i held my own, didnt wreck or cause anyone else to wreck. but it surely was a pucker moment for pretty much the entire track day. but i did have alot of fun none the less.

its the azz holes and squids that you need to watch out for. like the guy on the orange bike that wrecked 2x in the same place before he was told to exit the track for good.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonRR View Post
i kinda resent that statement. i did my 1st trackday last year, but was thrown in intermediate group, as there were no novice group. i signed up for novice, but got there and was told it was an led event, with the lowest grouping being intermediate. and all i heard from the instructors at the begining of the trackday was there must be a 6' buffer and no passing in corners. those rules went out the window after the 1st lap. i got passed in corners (no prob), and i got passed so close i saw other riders speedometers (again no prob). i held my own, didnt wreck or cause anyone else to wreck. but it surely was a pucker moment for pretty much the entire track day. but i did have alot of fun none the less.

its the azz holes and squids that you need to watch out for. like the guy on the orange bike that wrecked 2x in the same place before he was told to exit the track for good.
Well you must be the exception to this rule.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 06:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneducs View Post
Well you must be the exception to this rule.
not really. you just have to go in with good judgement and not get in over your head (too much). if you go in with a good attitude, and not going in like your freaking rossi or hayden and going to own the track, then you should come out of it the same as you went into it. except after you'll become a much better rider.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonRR View Post

I agree Dave, its not the first timers that are the problem. Ask any instructor, and they will tell you thant the intermediate class is the most reckless. That class has the widest range of riding ability. I would say that Novice is probably the safest group out there. The guy that you need to worry about is the guy that has 3 or 4 track days under his belt and decides to go up to intermediate without discussing it with the instructors first.

JMO.

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

"Hold my beer, watch this"

Redline Superbike Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode