MITO 500 (loong story) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

MITO 500 (loong story)

I joined SBW about 8 years ago.
In 2000 I started racing an R6 in CCS.
I got tired of being in a class with so many riders so in 04 I sold my R6 bought a DUCATI SS1000DS. It took about 18 months for it to get completed. I planed to race it in a class that allowed 700cc liquid cooled twins, 1000cc ohc air cooled twins and 1200cc air cooled pushrod twins.

But by the time it was finished, CCS ran out of money for races in california!!!

So, after about 10 months I got my expert license at Willow Springs Motorcycle Club (WSMC).

Open Novice sucked because I was thrown in with 1000cc japanese fours and Ducati and Honda multi-valve twins.

Now that my first Expert races are coming next week I wont be able to race in BOTT middleweight because the limit for ohc aircooled twins is 906cc so I will have to race in BOTT heavy weight. At least there won't be any 1000cc japanese 4s.

I may be able ot petition to get into BOTT middleweight, but I will need the signature of avery one in the class...

ANYWAY, I just got back form the Long Beach IMS and saw someting called a MITO 500. It looks like a baby Ducati 916 and has a Husquvarna single cylinder motor in it. The bad news is that the motor is 501ccs and I doubt tht when all of the WSMC guys with their old Honda 500 Ascots, they won't give me even 1cc when they see this little aerodynamic missle.

The people at the booth where this was being displayed were handing out forms they wanted us to put feedback and I made sure that they know that I wanted it to be UNDE 501cc

Nonetheless, I am looking forward to my first Expert races. You never know, I might surprise some XB12 Buell riders. no matter what happens. I will have FUN!!!

Once you try track, you never go back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 05:29 AM

I learned to race on a CBR 600 and then got a Gixxer 600 and raced that for awhile. My friends thought that being female I should go to an FZR 400 and do lightweight because there would be less competition and I'd have a weight advantage. My 3rd race out on the FZR (which I hated) I got t-boned and high-sided. Took the fun right out of it. So I know what you mean about carefully planning and maneuvering and then having it not go right for whatever reason. Good luck and have fun!

Redline Superbike Member

Faye
CSBR / Fasttrax #121
CMA
CSBA
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Hey Faye.

Don't give up. Try a few track days to get your confidence up. Take a few schools like California Superbike School or Jason Pridmores Star school. Once the flag drops, things change instantaneouly. Fear melts away and all you think about is doing you job. Looking through the turns, throttle control, body poaition. I am so busy during a race trying to do what I am supposed to do, I have no time to get scared. Just stay on the race line and the good racers will pass you safely. Sounds like you just got hit by a jerk.

Let me know how it goes.

desmo

Once you try track, you never go back.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2006, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Sounds like you just got hit by a jerk.
That was nice...thank-you. When I was finally able to track him down a few weekends later he said he thought he'd be able to make the pass because he didn't think I was going that fast. I did go back out but couldn't get it together. I hadn't thought about taking another school for confidence - that's an awesome idea!

Redline Superbike Member

Faye
CSBR / Fasttrax #121
CMA
CSBA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode