Hotbodies Class Action Lawsuit - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Hotbodies Class Action Lawsuit

If you have had any problems with Hotbodies body work in the past 2 years and would like a chance to get compensated I need 12 more people to file a class action suit against them. I know there are a ton of people out there just like me who have had poor product and no help exchanging or getting money back. Please PM me with your name, address, and telephone number if you have had any problems with hotbodies body work in the past 2 years. Thanks for you help fellas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 04:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar7R Send a message via Yahoo to Kevlar7R
Sorry, can't help you.

I had a great experience with HotBodies. Product arrived earlier than expected, fit perfectly, totally flexible and tough as nails. I'd like to buy more bodywork from them.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

I've heard Kawi and Honda has been good with Hotbodies but Yamaha and Suzuki has had rough times especially the 06 R6.

But what does it say to you that in the past 2 days posting on 3 different forums I've already had 33 people with problems signed up?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 12:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
I've not fitted my set yet but so far it looks decent for the price. It's not Sharkskinz but it was only about 2/3 the price. It being racing bodywork it would basically have to not fit at all for that price for me to even consider a lawsuit.

No aftermarket bodywork is perfect. Trust me, I've dealt with most brands.

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Str8gamers
I've heard Kawi and Honda has been good with Hotbodies but Yamaha and Suzuki has had rough times especially the 06 R6.

But what does it say to you that in the past 2 days posting on 3 different forums I've already had 33 people with problems signed up?
ive had great results.. if ya have a problem with a company then resove it through the better business breau.. everyone is looking to make a lawsuit these days!

04' Gsxr 1k

Show or go?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

lol love the attitude...don't worry one day you'll find it more civil to sue and the bettter BBB had already been involved and nothing has come to pass.

People who say "everyone" is trying to sue either is to young to understand the real business world or just doesn't have the money to hire an attorney...take your pick.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 05:03 AM

Quote:
lol love the attitude...don't worry one day you'll find it more civil to sue and the bettter BBB had already been involved and nothing has come to pass.

People who say "everyone" is trying to sue either is to young to understand the real business world or just doesn't have the money to hire an attorney...take your pick.
Or doesn't get sue happy over silly shit.

I can assure you I'm not too young to know better... more than likely older than you and I do have a better than average knowledge of race bodywork and the companies that make it. If you purchased the stuff thinking it was the quality of OEM then you had the wrong mindset. Sharkskinz are about the closest you will get from that standpoint but they are almost as expensive as OEM.

And if I want to sue someone all it will cost me is the filling fees for minor shit like this.

John

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

I purchased hotbodies race body work for just that track days and racing. If they would of told me "oh by the way the body work will have to be modified and don't count on it fitting" I would of told them to pack sand. The body work has a 1 1/2 gap between the upper and lower peice all the way around. I had to cutt completely around the shifter. The fender holes are so close to the edge of the molds it's cracking. The rear is the only peice that I haven't had a problem with. Companies need to take responsibility for their products and as a consumer it's all of our responsibility to make sure they do before they screw the next person.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 05:46 AM

Quote:
I purchased hotbodies race body work for just that track days and racing. If they would of told me "oh by the way the body work will have to be modified and don't count on it fitting" I would of told them to pack sand. The body work has a 1 1/2 gap between the upper and lower peice all the way around. I had to cutt completely around the shifter. The fender holes are so close to the edge of the molds it's cracking. The rear is the only peice that I haven't had a problem with. Companies need to take responsibility for their products and as a consumer it's all of our responsibility to make sure they do before they screw the next person.
That is pretty damn bad. I'm surprised they wouldn't fix it. Did you contact them prior to cutting the bodywork?

Having to trim a little isn't unusual but that sounds like much more than you should have to.

One of our teammates has their stuff on his 06 R6. He did a little trimming but not much. It actually looks pretty good on his.

John

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

I drilled one hole to line up the body work when I realized it wasn't going to fit right I called they said because I had drilled one hole there we're not going to take the bodywork back. After arguing with them on the phone I said fine "see you in court" the guy actually laughed and said, "yea we'ver heard that one before".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode