Track Day Waivers - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Track Day Waivers

I know track bikes have no insurance, so if it crashes, no biggy. But what about signing those liability waivers stating personal health insurance? I don't have health insurance, the only way I have PIP is through automotive insurance. But I heard that it is one of the requirements in many track day organizations. Regardless, guys without isurance, how do you get around it? Or if you crash unfortunately, who picks up the tab? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 07:59 PM

Out of the few orgs I do track days with..only 1 requires phi...and I have that.

So, what if you do crash, get hurt, and have no insurance...a hospital may treat you, most likely they will wind up billing you for services rendered ....I don't see what the big deal is, unless you don't have the means to pay your bill..

Then again, maybe certian tracks require phi..???

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 02:08 PM

I've never heard of a track requiring proof of insurance.

Maybe it's different here in florida?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 10:42 AM

Re: Track Day Waivers

Quote:
Originally posted by Z_Fanatic
I know track bikes have no insurance, so if it crashes, no biggy. But what about signing those liability waivers stating personal health insurance? I don't have health insurance, the only way I have PIP is through automotive insurance. But I heard that it is one of the requirements in many track day organizations. Regardless, guys without isurance, how do you get around it? Or if you crash unfortunately, who picks up the tab? Thanks.

i think you actualy need to check with that track, because that may just be suggested, if it is required it's probably cause your running a track bike, and not a regular street bike. either way theirs only one track of that i know that requires phi. if you have a military background USAA insures factory bikes, until after your first accident.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 04:42 PM

As a track day company owner I can tell you that the insurance requirement is usually placed on the organizer by the track.

The organizer must show the track proof of insurance for the event, usually in the amount of $3mm to $5mm (yes, that's million), and the organizer's insurance sometimes must include some sort of participant excess medical insurance, AD&D insurance, and/or weekly indemnity income for 52 weeks, (basically short-term disability insurance).

"First, it was not a 'strip bar', it was an 'erotic club'....and second, well what can I say?...I'm a night owl."
- Raymond Barry Washington DC Mayor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode