Track days in Florida? WHen and WHere? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Track days in Florida? WHen and WHere?

I want to do some track days but have no idea where to go. I have heard of track days at Atlanta, but that is a really long drive.
Also, Where can I find a good (03 - 04 ) 600cc track prepped (but not ragged out and tweaked)bike for a good price? I am leaning toward a Honda as first choice and zx-6rr second. Anyone done a head to head comparison? Which would you choose and why? Thanks for any info, for any or all of my questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 06:45 PM

You should give Sportbiketracktime.com a look. I have done a few trackdays ( in Florida ) with them and they seem top notch. They have a trackday at Moroso ( West palm beach ) on feb. 14th as well as 2 dates at Homestead and 1 at Jennings. I have been to all three tracks with them and for the most part they do a good job of keeping on time and the lunches from Outback steak house are killer. I did my first trackday ever with them and was very happy with the level of attention that the instructors gave me. So if you are new to the track they are the ones to start with and if you are already a track junkie ( like me) you'll like the fact that you get a good amount of track time ( 5 or 6 20 min rounds or about 130-160 miles ) thanks to their smooth running program.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Info on Florida Track Days

Thanks a whole bunch for the info on the track days. I hope to see you there. I am new to the track as far as Street riding but raced Motocross for a couple of years. I have missed the freedom of going as fast as I want or can (on the dirt). I no longer can ride motocross because of breaking my back in Oct. 2000 @ Bithlo (Orlando Speedway). I can't wait to ride without the worries of everyday road hazards and speeding tickets. I am sure I will get addicted to track riding and probably never even ride on the street again, since it is boring when I ride the speed limit and dangerous when I don't.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 11:28 AM

Look on jennings gp website they are located in N. Florida and have trackdays almost every other weekend and on mondays too! Fun track!
Get the Honda!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

REPLY TO CBR600RR/BLK

THANKS FOR THE INFO ON JENNINGS GP. I HAVE CHECKED IT OUT ON THE WEB AND WILL DEFFINATELY BE GOING THERE AS OFTEN AS I CAN AFFORD. I JUST FOUND OUT YESTERDAY THAT MY WIFE IS PREGNANT AND SHE HAS GIVEN ME HER 04 GSXR600 FOR THE TRACK. IT IS LIKE NEW WITH ONLY 2400 MILES, SO I THINK I AM JUST GOING TO KEEP IT, SINCE I JUST PAYED IT OFF. SHE WOULDN'T BE HAPPY ABOUT ME SELLING IT AND THEN PAYING MORE MONEY TO REPLACE IT, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. ALTHOUGH, I DO LIKE THE HONDA BETTER. WE WILL HAVE TO SEE IF I CAN FIND SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO TRADE STRAIGHT UP OR IF I CAN FIND A CBR600RR FOR SALE FOR 3 OR $4,OOO. THEN I CAN USE THE EXTRA MONEY FOR BABY STUFF. (OR TIRES, HAHAHA)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 05:36 AM

Jennings is the closest for sure, and the track is good. The facilities are basic, but you can have a great time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode