What is the best way fro a noob to get some track experience? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

What is the best way fro a noob to get some track experience?

Hi all, I am sort of new here and also the owner of a 2003 Honda CBR 600RR. What my question is, is this. What is the best way for a newbie like me to get some track experience, classes ,etc.. so I can begin enjoying my bike the way it was meant to be ridden?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Who Dares, Wins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 03:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to almightys
find a trackday company that runs a good novice class. they can give you instruction and you get a controlled environment on the track

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by almightys
find a trackday company that runs a good novice class. they can give you instruction and you get a controlled environment on the track

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 10:21 AM

Check with some of the local bike dealers / shops for track days at Brainard(sp)...Some track day orgs. have classes for newer riders...

For riding classes check out www.classrides.com Reg Pridmore is a past AMA superbike Champ.

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 08:22 AM

Check with any local track like Brainard and look at their calender of events. You should find plenty of groups offering track days. If this info isn't listed on the calender just call the track and they will very likely be able to give you contact #'s. Then go to the track day groups web site and sign up.

Once you sign up it's really as simple as showing up with protective gear and doing 10 minutes of track prep like duct taping over lights, speedo, and mirrors (or removing the mirrors completely). Check your tire pressure for 31/31 and hit it.

JUST DO IT, 99.999% likely to never regret getting into track days

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 06:41 PM

St. Cloud Minnesota eh?

Do you attend SCSU?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 10:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to bittersweetryan Send a message via Yahoo to bittersweetryan
My only hesitation of going to the track for the first time is I'm not sure how ppl react to a first timer. Are people at the track generally receptive of noobs?

Anybody in here go to track days in the Milwaukee, WI area? I'd love to take a track/racining orientated class too.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bittersweetryan
My only hesitation of going to the track for the first time is I'm not sure how ppl react to a first timer. Are people at the track generally receptive of noobs?
Yup, like racers, there's usualy more than a few riders willing to help...

Look at this way..everyone was new to track riding at some point..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 06:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to bittersweetryan Send a message via Yahoo to bittersweetryan
Thanks for the information! How much work is it to prepare my street bike for the track and vise versa or is there a thread already about this?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bittersweetryan
Thanks for the information! How much work is it to prepare my street bike for the track and vise versa or is there a thread already about this?
Depends on the org...some require more prep than others...usually it's minimal...taping the headlights, blinkers..removing your lic. plate...make sure your bike Doesn't leak any fluids, that all the fasteners are tight and that your tires are new, or near new and properly inflated. Some require that you Not have any Coolant in the system, you can easily flush it, and replace with distilled water, and water wetter.. http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp some require you to safety wire the oil filter, which is easily done with a hose clamp, and some light guage wire.

My recomendation is, remove anything you would want to have to replace if you fall down, i.e. blinkers, tail light, ect..Oh, and pull the fuse so your lights don't come on..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode