Lap times at Grattan - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Lap times at Grattan

For those of you who have been to Grattan, what is your best laptime and what do you consider to be a good lap?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 08:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to almightys
if you have been to trackdays and are experienced 1:30 would be great. 1:33 - 1:37 is good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 12:29 PM

The record is 1:19 (by Tray Batey I think). Bojan Milijkovic ran a 1:21 there last Monday. Low 1:30's is pretty good. You can go to Mylaps.com and see what some of the WERA guys are running.

Peter
'01 CBR929
MotorcycleAddicts.org

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 06:27 PM

1:34 and I thought I was flyin!! Some of the guys running the endurance the next day were out and I'm sure one guy was doin 1:30 or better.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 05:14 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
I've been several times .. but I'm still slow as molassis out there.. was gettin up to speed towards the end of the season my first year and then I lowsided and that was only a 1 fortysomething .. I got a gixxer for a trackonly bike but had nothing but problems mechanically with it and wasted a whole season on it but managed to finish the last trackday on the F4i I got and I was feelin much better and back at home on it and have high hopes for next year to get me back in the groove and see that 1 forty something again so Ican start to improve and hopfully get me some low 1 fortysomethings I just wanna have fun and not get run over

what I consider to be a good lap time? mid 1 thirtys for an everyday rider at a trackday... for a racer mid to high 1 twenties

I got to ride on back with Bojan's brother (who is just about as fast as his brother out there) and I tell ya there's no way I could handle that course anything less than high 30's my brain doesn't work that fast I had to ask him to slow his pace down I couldn't move from one side to the other fast enough

E.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 08:04 AM

Somebody told me I was doing 1:27s out there by their stop watch...but I'm slow so I doubt it

Love that track! Going to try to make it out again this year.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to Wryday Send a message via Yahoo to Wryday
I was chatting with a friend this weekend, and he says he has done 1:22s. I don't want to be a doubter, but... He does have an R1 with a full Akropovic. I guess he used to be affiliated with Trackaholics, so he has probably had many many track days. I have yet to get out to Grattan, but I hope to this year.

-J
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wryday
I was chatting with a friend this weekend, and he says he has done 1:22s. I don't want to be a doubter, but... He does have an R1 with a full Akropovic. I guess he used to be affiliated with Trackaholics, so he has probably had many many track days. I have yet to get out to Grattan, but I hope to this year.

-J
Sounds like you are talking about Bojan?
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

I have since been to Grattan and my fastest time is a 1:34.2 but that was on Michelins. With the Pirellis I could go faster but am now living in Phoenix. Goodbye Grattan.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 06:29 AM

1.26 and your doing ok. My fastest 1:25:63.

"My bike has an unfair advantage..... I'm on it"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode