Licensing - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Licensing

Ok, well I'm thinking this is the season I finally take it to the track and I've got a getting started question. I'm hoping to go to at least one of the testing and tuning days at Limerock in Connecticut with a couple friends and I've got a pretty good idea of what I need to do. After talking to the folks at limerock though and reading their documentation I need to get one of the following licenses: "ARM, AMA, AMACCS, WERA, or AHRMA competition license or certificates documenting the completion of a racing course from an accredited motorcycle racing school within the past 12 months." I have no idea which one makes sense for me to get. After looking up some of them it does not seem to be a very simple process, nor cheap.

I'm just your normal street rider and finishing up college this spring so I unfortunately don't have a lot of money I can spend. What kind of license does it make sense for me to get? Basically all I am looking for right now is an oppurtunity to try a few track days and I'll take it from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 12:10 AM

the Limerock dates are just an hour on the track during a lunch break while something else is going on. If your looking for track time without thenned for a racing license. Look some local track day clubs like TeamPro-Motion goto http://www.teampromotion.com for details about the club.

Team Pro-Motion offers track days at tracks like Club Motorsports, just north of Loudon, NH, Mosport Canada, Pocono, Pa, Summit Point WV, BeaveRun, PA, Nelson Ledges OH, Virgina International, VA and Carolina Motorsports Park, SC. track run from $135 to about $175 depening on the track and there are specials all the time and other ways to earn money towards a track events. Team Pro-Motion offers different levels of instruction with the ART school and with these schools you can get your race license, if you want. There are other track day clubs around too.

If you have any questions about the Team Pro-Motion track events shoot me an email at [email protected]

Geo...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://users.rcn.com/gsxrrider
Team Pro-Motion Safety Director/Coach #23
visit www.teampromotion.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 05:36 PM

Schools to get your license.

Hello,

I saw your posting and thought that I could probably help you with your question.

Each racing organization has its own rules, regulations. Some of them are only in certain areas and others have events all over the country.

CCS and WERA are probably the largest racing organizations in the country. If you go to:

http://www.motorcycleridesinamerica.com/articles.htm

You will see several articles about how to get started in racing under several organizations. If you look into the CCS article you will see a link to the accredited schools. Just in case:

http://www.motorcycleridesinamerica....ed-schools.htm

I hope this helps.

Take care,

Manuel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode