track tires? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

track tires?

I did the entire last season at the track on pilot race h2, I am considering switching to the supercosa, do you guys think that I will be able to tell a huge difference? I did not have any problems with the h2 but I didn't really like the feel of the front at times. All opinions are welcome so please share. I was also considering switching to an m2 front and a h2 rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 01:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackkaw
you ran a H2 on the front? most people use h2 rear and M2 front(tire). I am surprised you didnt tuck the front end with the h2 on the front. anyway I think the super corsas give better grip but wont last as long as the h2s. I have only used the diablo corsas on the trackbut I am down to 1 : 30 lap time on a 2 mi track so I may need go to supercorsas myself.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 10:29 PM

Pirelli Diablo Corsa's seem to work well for me. I got about 10 track days on them and the rear is just about worn out. These tires are 80% track use and 20% street use, but they are not like race tires that need a few laps to warm up. In good weather conditions they stick on the first turn on the first lap. I tired this at Pocono the second day I had them on, first lap frist turn I went in at full speed and they stuck, amazing. I rode Super Corsa's before and they needed a lap or 2 before I could get on them. I have heard of endurance racers that used the and they worked just fine, so they can double as a race tires too.

Geo...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://users.rcn.com/gsxrrider
Team Pro-Motion Safety Director/Coach #23
visit www.teampromotion.com

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Pirelli Diablo Corsa's seem to work well for me.
Ditto to that. I don't quite get that mileage out of them but then again I am a bit heavier than Geo.

CbrBob
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blackkaw
you ran a H2 on the front? most people use h2 rear and M2 front(tire). I am surprised you didnt tuck the front end with the h2 on the front. anyway I think the super corsas give better grip but wont last as long as the h2s. I have only used the diablo corsas on the trackbut I am down to 1 : 30 lap time on a 2 mi track so I may need go to supercorsas myself.
Is that at Jennings..?

I used Supercorsa's all the time..never tried the Diablo's...But I did use the Pilots, and compared to those..the Supercorsa's were way better..I'd say, give em a try..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2003, 02:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackkaw
Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
Is that at Jennings..?

I used Supercorsa's all the time..never tried the Diablo's...But I did use the Pilots, and compared to those..the Supercorsa's were way better..I'd say, give em a try..
yes at Jennings Fla. (about 2 mi. from Ga. border.) Right off of I-75. This is new with only 35 laps on it from jennings. took the Penguin race school. Dec 3 and got certification thinking of racing CCS. bye bye to any extra $$$
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 048.jpg (97.7 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by blackkaw; 12-05-2003 at 02:19 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
Ditto. I use Rennsport's (same as the supercorsa) and love them. I've also used the Pilot Race (not the H2 or M2) in the past but I much prefer the feel of the Rennsport/Supercorsa. My next tire will probably be the Diablo Corsa becuse of all the good things I've heard (and to try and save some $$).

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2003, 07:44 AM

I used the Diablo Corsa and am totally amazed at the level of grip, feel and durability. I raced the supercorsa and actually ran quiker times with the diablo. Maybe it was mental not worried about heat cycles or something. The front never looked like it was getting worn or overheated I cant believe how well it has worn. Lap times in the :28's at Grattan Raceway in MI

Im thinning out the Herd, One "Squid" at a time!

www.trackoholics.com
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 09:00 AM

New Michelin Slicks!!!

The New Michelin 1800 Seris Slicks are available.

Same profile as the S2 and M2 so no need to change set-ups when going from DOT's to Slicks.

We tested teh 1800 series extensively last season and found them to be awesome.

Now here comes the REALLY great news.... $290 a set from STT. That's $75 to $110 per set less that other slicks. I'll cut you a deal on an intro set.

The rear is a zero-degree so you can flip em when you run tracks that are hard on one side only such as Grattan, Tally, etc..

If you want to try Diablo Corsas we have them for $245 per set for a 120/70 & 180/55 combo.

Monte
[email protected]

Last edited by STT Guy; 12-31-2003 at 09:05 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 07:24 AM

I used both the Diablo Corsas and Metzeler Rennsports this past season. With the Rennsports I used blue front and green rear. The Metzelers give amazing grip and neutral steering. I prefer neutral tires because it just feels like I'm more in control. The Diablo Corsas are almost as good at the track but much better on street. They also work better in the rain because they have some silica in them. So, for perfect dry warm conditions, the Rennsports are my choice. If the weather is dicey or I plan to do some street riding too I go with the Diablo Corsas.

A friend of mine used the H2's last season on his 748 and tucked the front several times. I'm not very impressed with those tires.

A second set of track rims is a great investment. If you're not too worried about how they look you can get a used set pretty cheap and save yourself a lot of trouble changing tires back and forth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode