I hate to preach but there should be more posts here - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

I hate to preach but there should be more posts here

There really should be more activity under this topic.

Trackdays are where its at for sportbike riding. The street is for posing if that's what you're into. If you are going to ride with any degree of speed or skill then get to a track. Its far safer than the street and some insurance companies will cover your bike at the track. Its not a competitive event. That's the key.

Last edited by Smoke Eater; 08-25-2003 at 10:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 12:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to slaintedan
I can't wait to post my first trackday experience, which will be sometime soon, I hope!

Me for Emperor of America!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slaintedan
I can't wait to post my first trackday experience, which will be sometime soon, I hope!
????? "First" track day..????

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 08:10 PM

maybe this time.

Ya know dan you can always go to the track even though you don't have a bike yet. There's plenty of things for you to do, like hold umbrella's.....
Foker!

What is your major malfunction numb nuts!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 08:33 PM

Re: maybe this time.

Quote:
Originally posted by maDDtraPPer
Ya know dan you can always go to the track even though you don't have a bike yet. There's plenty of things for you to do, like hold umbrella's.....
Foker!
Again from the kawisucki rider? Brad, I know you think I have nice legs, but I won't hold an umbrella for you at the next Special Olympics GP. And for Christ's sake, don't mislead people...you know you wish you were as smooth a rider as me!

You know what this is leading up to.......somebody's making the long journey to the Great White North with a new SM this Fall to kick your skinny ass!!! Can you say powerslide, princess???

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
????? "First" track day..????
Perhaps that was misworded....

I can't wait to post a trackday experience, for the first time. And if Brad keeps it up, it's gonna read something like this... "I went up to Canada with my new Supermotard to ride with a complete poof named Brad (a.k.a. "maDDtraPPer"). Imagine my surprise when he showed up at the track w/ pink leathers and bunny ears on his helmet..."

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slaintedan
Perhaps that was misworded....

I can't wait to post a trackday experience, for the first time. And if Brad keeps it up, it's gonna read something like this... "I went up to Canada with my new Supermotard to ride with a complete poof named Brad (a.k.a. "maDDtraPPer"). Imagine my surprise when he showed up at the track w/ pink leathers and bunny ears on his helmet..."

O OH, I know a dude that has pink in his leathers, and pink lettering on his race bike.....he's FAST....must mean guys who have pink on their leathers, or bikes should be avoided at all cost's...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
O OH, I know a dude that has pink in his leathers, and pink lettering on his race bike.....he's FAST....must mean guys who have pink on their leathers, or bikes should be avoided at all cost's...
For those of you familiar with Speedway racing, there's a rider named Bobby "Boogaloo" Schwartz who has always worn pastel colors like pink, blue, and yellow in his leathers/gear...he's fast as hell too! Maybe that's the secret?

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Actually, being a corner worker is a great way to get started. A lot of organizations give credit to corner workers for future track days.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Trackdays are where its at for sportbike riding.

Without a doubt! But they're more addictive than crack....probably.

-Brian

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode