Track Days in the New York area? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,528
Question Track Days in the New York area?

What tracks in and around New York have "organized" track days? I'm about 20 minutes outside of Manhattan and I would consider traveling as far as 3 hours (give or take) to get to a track. Is there a website I can check out to find "local" track days?

Thanks
slaintedan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 06:31 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 227
Look up Team Pro-Motion, NESBA and REduc for track days in the Pocono's.

Check these links for details on track events:

Team Pro-Motion www.teampromotion.com
NESBA www.nesba.com
REDUC www.reduc.com
lateapex is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 05:03 AM
Registered User
 
FZR400Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Pittston, PA 18640
Posts: 3,644
Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
pocono is fairly local (of course from the city times vary). a lot of guys from the city like racing at loudon as well.

personally, i like teampromotion

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
FZR400Tony is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,528
Thanks for the help guys. I just found out this morning that a guy I know is involved with Team Promotion so he's gonna help me out. Hopefully I'll see you guys at Poconos this summer.

Thanks again.
slaintedan is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 09:38 AM
Registered User
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Farmington, CT 06032
Posts: 418
I'll probably be making an appearance there next season too =>
Wally is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2003, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,528
Quote:
Originally posted by Wally
I'll probably be making an appearance there next season too =>
We'll have to hook something up 'cause we're coming from the same area.
slaintedan is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 09:47 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 227
I know of 3 other Team Pro-Motion riders from close to Rockland county, sounds like a popular area.

Look forward to see all of you at the Team Pro-Motion events.
lateapex is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,528
Quote:
Originally posted by gs500rider
I know of 3 other Team Pro-Motion riders from close to Rockland county, sounds like a popular area.

Look forward to see all of you at the Team Pro-Motion events.

Yeah, it seems like every few days I'm running into another Team Promotion rider in Rockland. Apparently, there's a pretty strong contingent here?
slaintedan is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Dad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pittsburgh Pa
Posts: 4,230
Quote:
Originally posted by slaintedan
Yeah, it seems like every few days I'm running into another Team Promotion rider in Rockland. Apparently, there's a pretty strong contingent here?
Join them and then come down to their days at Beaverun. Just off the Pa Turnpike in western Pa at rte.18. A real fun track. I met those guys last year when this track opened and I have to say what a fun, knowledgeable, helpful, nice bunch of people. I have run four days with them now, three at Beaverun and one at Carolina Motorsports Park. Needless to say, I just joined for this year. Oh, did I mention, they're a lot of fun! There were quite a few New York and New Jersey riders who came down with them so you'd likely be able to hook up with someone to share expenses.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
Dad is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,528
Quote:
Originally posted by Dad
Join them and then come down to their days at Beaverun. Just off the Pa Turnpike in western Pa at rte.18. A real fun track. I met those guys last year when this track opened and I have to say what a fun, knowledgeable, helpful, nice bunch of people. I have run four days with them now, three at Beaverun and one at Carolina Motorsports Park. Needless to say, I just joined for this year. Oh, did I mention, they're a lot of fun! There were quite a few New York and New Jersey riders who came down with them so you'd likely be able to hook up with someone to share expenses.

Thanks for the heads-up Dad, I'll be sure to hook up with these guys asap.
slaintedan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome