Your race plans for next year? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Your race plans for next year?

It's early, but WERA and AHRMA both have tentative schedules out. Who's racing where? I see 4 events with each club I'd like to do, but doubt the funds will be sufficient. So far the only "probably definetes" are MidOH july 19-20, Beaverun sept. 13-14 and Barber in late Oct. (all AHRMA). I kind of intended to concentrate on WERA, but they were unable to get a Beaverun date and they have 2 rounds at Nelson in my region; I have zero desire to race Nelson after all the bad things I've heard. RCJohn- any WERA event I run I'll be racing in your HWT class...muhaha....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 02:21 PM

That is still in question. Seems like alot of companies have some pretty tight purse strings with the economy being the way it is. People just arent sponsoring the way they have in the past few years. I may have to go back to racing cars this season, as it's ALOT easier to get sponsorships (especially tire deals!) in car racing. Maybe I'll just do a little club racing, (CCS & FUSA) but from the way things are right now, that's all I'll be able to do.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 11:42 AM

Tristan, I decided that I will be running CCS SE region this season. What with the new bike (2002 TLR), I will be in heavyweights and going for points in Supertwins. CCS doesn't have a schedule out yet, but I plan on attending every race in my region if possible (finances allowing). One of the other racers in town is also going for points, so we will be splitting costs that we can.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 12:37 PM

My 2nd season

I am hoping to do all of the CCS races at Streets of Willow. Last year there were three. I may do the one at Buttonwillow and maybe Lost Wages.

FastrackRiders is (allegedly) going to have races under AFM South at Fontana. Fontana is about 20 min. from my haouse

A few weeks ago their website was all abuzz with info about AFM South. This week, nada

desmo
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 04:40 PM
Founder

Unfortunatly I am not going to have the time to devote to a full race season next year. But I would like to hit Willow a few times.

But I am going to race a full season on my Pocketbike with both the West Coast Minimoto Racing Association and the Pocketbike Racing Network.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 11:41 PM

RCJohn, you have plans for next season yet? Wanna race?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 07:07 PM

'03 Racing

After a few years of no AHRMA roadraces within 6 hours of home, there are now three set for 2003!
First is at Firebird-main at the end of March. This is definitely not my favorite track, it still has some of the same bad spots that were there 15 years ago, it is in my backyard. I may have to bow out of a major commitment elsewhere, but this race will be hard to pass up.

Two weeks later AHRMA has a date at Pahrump, this is a bit more than 6 hours (I think) but I have heard that this is a really nice track. Does any one know if there are any track days scheduled at Pahrump during Feb or March?

The third AHRMA national is in New Mexico, at Sandia. I have absolutely no information about this track. Any hints?

After that, maybe a CCS date later in the season.

Lots of trackdays though, hopefully some out the new track, Arizona Motorsports Park. It's a tough job....

Mark
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 05:50 AM

Re: '03 Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Weiss
Does any one know if there are any track days scheduled at Pahrump during Feb or March?Mark

Try www.socaltrackdays.com
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 07:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
wedding, wedding, wedding. i don't know what i'll be doin' if anything.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by FZR400Tony
wedding, wedding, wedding. i don't know what i'll be doin' if anything.
Are you getting married?

Say it ain't so, Tony!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode