Ultimate riding school?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Ultimate riding school??

Hey everyone, American Supercamp has dates out for 2003 and unless struck down before March, I'm going for the racers school. Any of you other track day junkies and racers wanna go?? It's in San Bernardino (Colton) so only ~5hours from Phoenix for all you AZ'ers over the border.

Let's get some SBW'ers together and maybe do some group rides too, I'd be more than happy to help organize or whatever.

Check it out @ www.americansupercamp.com

Read the FAQ's and you'll get a quick idea how much this could help your riding. Time to find out why Kenny Roberts trains ALL his students on little dirt bikes????? Must be something to it I'm guessing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 03:27 PM

Thumbs up

KR Senior doesnít just use any little dirt bikes, he uses Honda XR100s the same as Supercamp. IIRC Supercamp also uses XR200s.

For me the closest Supercamp track is Springfield IL, so Iíll be doing the Racer class there May 25-26. After you do yours post a report please.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

I'll definitely do a full right up and update it with my following track days (or better yet first races!!! ) experience.

I've talked to Desmo and he's probably in, Hammer 4 can't...... anyone else thinking about it??

I can't wait

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 03:29 PM

hey this is right by me...

when is this agian?? im going to try and make this.. was there a link imissed.. ? more info??

NM i saw the link i "missed" im definately in for this, now to find out how much, and my brother would be interested of course too..

Last edited by gixxerboy; 11-19-2002 at 03:32 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

It's going to be in March but the last I checked the dates weren't firm yet. I talked to the owner/lead instructor and he was going to try to do it around the Fontana superbike round but that supposedly wasn't working out. The date should be announced in a week or so. Cost is 550 for the 2 day course with food provided I believe (not sure). They usually have some big name guest instructors and the date for NoCal is going to include BOTH Bostrums. The Colorado date is going to have Russell, Colin Edwards, and a big name dirt tracker who I can't recall at the moment (short guy, blond hair bigggg time champion)!!!!. No word on the Colton/SoCal date but anything would be fun and just gravey on a great experience.

Grant
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Opps. Guess they posted the dates today, it's gonna be March 16/17 for the "Racer's school" that I plan on taking.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 07:26 PM

Big time dirt tracker....hmmm short guy, blond hair...Ummm wouldn't be Chris Carr...would it..?

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 06:23 AM

Supercamp threads:
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php...686#post222686
Short version: a lot of fun and you have trouble walking when finished.

See mbenderís Nov. 19 12:13pm post:
http://www.nesba.com/bb/Forum8/HTML/000464.html
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
Big time dirt tracker....hmmm short guy, blond hair...Ummm wouldn't be Chris Carr...would it..?
Thanks, I'm pretty sure it is Chris Carr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode