Ed Bargy Racing School Info Needed - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Ed Bargy Racing School Info Needed

Ed Bargy anyone??? Iím enrolled in the 2-day camp at Talladaga for November 2 & 3. Have any of you guys been to this school? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should take with me or where to stay, etc.? Also, will I need a brand new set of tires for the track or will a pair of 207RRís with about 1500 miles on em suffice? Any info or feedback concerning the school would be appreciated guys! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 06:46 PM

Just went to TGPR. Stay at the Hampton Inn. Never done a Bargy school. If this is your first time ever on a track you may get away with your used tires, but I'd strongly recommend getting some fresh ones. Race compound is not needed, just some fresh 208's or BT10's that haven't been heat cycled umpteen times. Try to pit on the gravel- the grassy areas are chock full of fire ants!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 08:02 AM

That is the school I went to last year. He will probably let you by with those tires but like Tristan, I recommend new ones. Tally is hard on tires.

Ed's website tells what you need but I recommend you have at least one friend there to help. You will need basic tools for the bike, plenty of fluids for you to consume, have rain gear and of course your riding gear. If you have some sort of canopy bring it for the shade even in Nov. you might need it although you will spend most of your off track time in the classroom. Get plenty of sleep. They do provide lunch but you might want to take some snacks like energy bars, etc.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

RCjohn, how would you rate the school among the others that are out there? Knowing what you know now, would you recommend this school to someone else? Nice paint job btw!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel
RCjohn, how would you rate the school among the others that are out there? Knowing what you know now, would you recommend this school to someone else? Nice paint job btw!
I would recommend the school. You will get a ton of track time. It will be information overload if this type of riding is fairly new. I haven't taken any others but from everything I've heard it is a pretty good value. There are several retired or current pros that have courses that are very good but you pay for the name too. Ed is not going to teach you to be a pro racer. He is going to teach you to be a good and hopefully safe club racer then you work toward the pro stuff yourself. There are a couple of schools similar to Ed's such as Frank Kinsey's school.

The high dollar schools taught by pros are getting more abundant:

Freddie Spencer's
Kevin Swantz
Jason Pridmore's Star school
Team Hammer Advanced Riding School(Valvoline Emgo people)
California Superbike Schools

These higher dollar schools can be taken on the schools bikes utilizing their equipment too.

One thing to remember is that Champions don't necessarily make good instructors and good instructors don't necessarily make good champions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode