Sunday, September 15th, Beaver Run track day. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Dad

Sunday, September 15th, Beaver Run track day.

Sunday, Sept. 15th, Team Pro-motion got another track day at Beaverun. Hope to see you there guys. Any questions, post or PM me or go to www.teampromotion.com

It's a brand new surface and a LOT of fun! Although always a good idea, pre-registering should not be required due to the new facility and the late notification date. Apparently the track had a cancellation so they grabbed it up!

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.

Last edited by Dad; 08-29-2002 at 10:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 04:49 AM

Dad,

I met you once when I lived in Pittsburgh. I used to have a 95 F3 (white, purple, yellow) and hung out up at the Mount a lot in late 2000. I was a new rider at the time, though, so I wasn't always around for the real riding.

Anyway, how is the track at Beaver Run? I only heard about it in anticipation, but have not yet heard any reviews from people who have run on it. I think it's great for the area, and I'm looking forward to getting there on the bike one of these days. Thanks.

Matt
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by O.W. Kenobi
Dad,

I met you once when I lived in Pittsburgh...
...Anyway, how is the track at Beaver Run? I only heard about it in anticipation, but have not yet heard any reviews from people who have run on it. I think it's great for the area, and I'm looking forward to getting there on the bike one of these days. Thanks.

Matt
The track is a ball! How could it not be with brand new pavement! Really, the facility looks great for what's done. The track is 1.5+ miles, wide, smooth, and neatly layed out with elevation changes, a variety of corners, and a very grippy asphalt mixture. There is plenty of run-off room, although the peripheral stuff isn't completely done. They have an outstanding Go-kart track that's completed and looks REALLY fun if you're into that racing. They run pocket bikes on that, too. Bathrooms are still porta-johns, but over the next couple of years the final construction of a second track and then garages, clubhouse, etc. will be complete. What's done is great, perfect for track days, and what's in the works should make it outstanding!

You could come up from D.C. area and get the turnpike at Breezewood, west to exit 2, then north on 18 for about a mile or two. Easy shot! Will we see you there?!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 02:18 PM

Am I reading this right- $175 PLUS $75 for non-members? I was tempted to show up until I saw that.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Am I reading this right- $175 PLUS $75 for non-members? I was tempted to show up until I saw that.
Yes, but no. That is their normal policy and with membership at $65. it is obvious what they want you to do, join their club. BUT... they told me that all good looking guys who look sexy in their new leathers get in at member rates... OR maybe it was because they are trying to break in a new facility and new market, that they are waiving the membership requirement for Beaverun days. It's something like that, but either way, you won't have to pay the non-member rate or be forced to join. Come on over. It's fun and it's a fast track!

Last edited by Dad; 08-30-2002 at 11:52 PM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 11:49 AM

The track is great, just rode it today. It was my first track day and I had a blast. The track does not look to wide when looking at it, but when you get on it, you see there is plenty of room. With the amount of riders that have previously been there with Team Promotion, you will get all the track time you can handle. I do not know if I am going to make on the 15th, I may hit the Nesba day on the 26th.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 12:34 PM

Thanks Dad, $175 is high but do-able. If I can confirm my new springs will be here in time, I'll probably see you there!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 04:22 PM

Trying to get to Beaverun this year, but time is tight. It looks like a great track (ANYTHING is better than Pocono East course). I'll probably have to wait till next year.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 02:51 PM

OK Dad, I'm signed up along with my friend Tim (blue RC51).

Any idea if I should take 70E or 71N to 76E?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 03:12 PM

They just installed some new curbing prior to last weekend. With that and a lot more rubber down I was able to take 2 seconds a lap from the last time we were there. The track is really sweet. Only problem is the management has thier heads up thier asses. The track is superfast and very smooth. They did, however, already put in some patch on the uphill section of the track. Makes me wonder what the place will be like after a hard winter. I mean, if it is already falling apart when it is only a month or two old the what will happen when it expands and contracts all winter long. We'll see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode