Sportbike World Track Day September 29th!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Founder

Exclamation Sportbike World Track Day September 29th!!

We are (again) teaming up with Team Arizona to offer our members (and visitors) a discount on the next Team Arizona Track Day!

Details:

Price $180 (Normal Price is $225)
Date: September 29th 2002 - Sunday

Team Arizona
(480) 998-9888
Make sure you tell them you are with Sportbike World to get the discounted rate!

To get this special $180 rate you must call 14 days in advance! (By Sep 15th) Sportbike World reservations after that date will be $210!!!

We need a set amount of riders to reserve the track, if we do not have enough riders to pay for the track by Sep 15th we will have to cancel this date. Make sure you call early!

Set-Up and Machine Requirements:

For you:

Crash-worthy riding suit. We do not require full leathers, but they are strongly recommended.

In the Novice/New Rider/Slowest Pace group, a two-piece suit that has a zip together flap in back is O.K.

For the two faster groups all two-piece suits should have full zippered connections and riders are advised to wear spine protection as well Full gloves, gauntlet style preferred Boots, at least 8" high, your ankle joint should be fully covered Helmet: full coverage, no damage

Your ride:

Good mechanical condition
Good tires
Properly operating controls
Liquid cooled motorcycles must not use glycol based engine coolant (antifreeze). Distilled water with Redline Water Wetter is O.K.
Mirrors removed or taped over
Lights removed or taped over

More answers to your questions:

Track dates have Sponsors, the Sponsor may bring merchandise to the track for you to see or try. They also provide lunch for all of our paid riders.

TrackTime rents the entire facility, so you will be able to bring with whatever pit support you would like.

Spectators and speed groupies are welcome at the track, so long as they are reasonably well behaved. There is no admission fee.

There are no open concessions at the track. Fuel is available within 10 minutes of the track. Although lunch will be provided, you should bring with extra food and snacks.

Extra Services available:

On-Track rider coaching at no charge, just talk with one of the TrackTime staff. It's not a class, just solid advice from experienced riders & racers.

Suspension set-up help and advice.

A track photographer is usually available as well.

Groups:

Group 1 (Black) is for street riders. This group is for anyone on any bike. Black group riders can opt for the "Don't Pass Me in a Turn" vests. The pace is monitored by on-track Coaches and our cornering crew. Riders who are faster than the pace get invited to the next group.

Group 2 (White) is for experienced sport riders and amateur racers on lighweight class machinery. As in the Black group, when you build speed, you move up.

Group 3 (Red) is the fastest group.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 12:18 AM

Sept 29 discount

For those of you that recieved the $25 off coupons at our last Team Az TrackTime event. Don't forget to tell us when you sign up so we will discount your price. You will need to show us the coupon upon sign up or at the track to secure the discount(or bring the $25). That would make for a prepaid $155 track day. Lunch, coaching and suspension setup no additonal charge. Don't forget to sign up early since we have limited space available in each group (for your safety and enjoyment). See you there..
[email protected]
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 07:33 PM

T.E.A.M. Arizona

I'm really pleased that everyone who made it out to the Aug 25 Trackday had a great time. Believe it or not, we attracted over 100 spectators!

On that date, and a number of times in the last week, I have had a lot of inquiries as to why T.E.A.M. Arizona no longer rents Phoenix International Raceway. Basically, it came down to safety. While I really, really, liked P.I.R. as a track, we had very real safety problems. We could not even blame the problems on rider fatigue, most of the bad crashes happened early in the day. Despite spending thousands of dollars on bale rentals, in the last eight track days inside P.I.R. we had six instances where riders had to be transported. One occasion required two helicopters. Fortunately they are all riding again, but....

Unfortunately there is absolutely no way that we could reduce the hazards to an acceptable level. No matter how much fun the track was to ride, the risk to our friends was just too high. Track riding is risky enough without having walls to run into. Firebird East may not be glamorous, but there's plenty of run-off and we've definitely seen the benefit in that.

We still have a very good relationship with P.I.R., and it's our hope that one day the track will be revised to be less motorcycle unfriendly. You can bet that the day that that happens, we'll be first in line to battle the car-guys for track days!

Don't forget that September 29 will be a full day, no need to rush and you'll get as much riding time as you can stand.

As always, I'm open to ideas.

Mark

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 07:42 PM

discount date deadline

The 14 day advance date for the Sept 29 trackday, is Sunday, Sept 15th. Since I'm not going to go in to the office to register the usual rush of last second calls, I'm extending the deadline until 4pm on Monday. So now you have an extra day to procrastinate!

See you at the track,

Mark
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 07:04 PM

Gate time

Just a reminder, even though it looks like the temperature is going to be down a bit on Sunday (high of 92 predicted), we are still opening one hour earlier than usual. In past years, full-days have begun at 9:00am, but we are going to go green at 8:00. Normally, things have cooled off more than this year!!

The gate is due to be opened at 6:00am, Check-in and Tech will open at 6:45. The riders' meeting will be at 7:30 and we'll take the newbies out for a look-see at 8:00.

Oh, yeah. Don't forget your paperwork! Not having to fill out new stuff really speeds up the check-in process.

See ya,

Mark
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Founder

Have a good (and safe) time out at the track everyone! I will also be out at a track (Pocketbike racing) on Sunday.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 02:36 PM

Well i hope everything went well for you people.I just got on the site today so i missed the track day. Im in OHIO and we do several track days here as well.We just did one last tuesday @ MID-OHIO and had a blast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode