after my crash the feeling of my bike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

after my crash the feeling of my bike?

Hi,

Basically I crashed my bike and took it to GMD computrack and just got it back on Saturday. They say when a bike leaves computrack that itís better than how it left the manufacturer. Well my problem is that it feels a lot different than when it did before my accident. Before my accident when going at reasonable pace 15-35 the bike would hold a straight line really easy when I took my hands off the bars. Now when I take my hands off the bars and lean just a tad in one direction the bike wants to dive in that direction. What could this be? Also I noticed before the accident when taking turns at a slow mph I was using more counter-steering, and now affter my accident when taking the same turns as before, with same speed, I feel myself handle bar steering. Can someone give me some insight on if this quicker response is a benefit or is there still some problem with my bike?

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 02:42 PM

Sounds like they fixed the problem!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 02:59 PM

Have you talked to GMD about what they did and what you are feeling? Maybe they raised the rear and/or dropped the front for quicker steering. If so maybe youíll get used to and like the new handling. Or if you know what they did and like the old better you can move the settings back towards original.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 11:46 AM

I agree with svBob.

First, sounds like the front is lower than the rear, now. It may get you hurt if it is toooo sensitive.

Second, GMD is your doctor in this case. You paid their fee now make them explain what they found and what they did. They do this for a living and should have not the slightest bit of trouble with telling you this. They might even make an adjustment fro no cost.

If not, you may want to raise the triple clamp up on the forks a little.... or lower the rear a little.... whichever is easier on your particular bike. How much is trial and error so be gentle.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 09:45 PM

Sounds like GMD gave ya the fast set up... Did you ask that they Optimize your bike..? in other words, set it with the sweet #'s..? This will make your bike turn oh so easy..in the fast stuff, when turning can be a chore sometimes..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode