Pics from VIR Race! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Pics from VIR Race!

Here are some pics from my VIR race weekend. I got rained out on my solo, I went out for one lap and then called it. I did pretty good on my sprints but it got so hot, my last sprint was horrible. It was so hot that I almost fainted off my bike when I pulled into the pits. my best lap was 1.48....keep in mind this was my first time as VIR and my first race weekend this year!

Sam

I'm 797, 269 is my racing partner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 04:17 AM

Question

Sam,
I don't see a link to any pix, dude.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 04:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i met sam at summit two weekends before, great person, thanks for hospitality... too bad weather didn't let you race (rain, first race, summit, mw classes, no thanks). btw, we both did about the same lap times our first time there (she may have dipped below me later in the day, not sure if she was able to get out). the difference is she did it on a 600, i had a 750 and i raced before, she didn't (even that weekend). watch out fella's, she's flyin'!!!

btw, 1:48 is pretty damn good vir.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by FZR400Tony; 07-29-2002 at 04:32 AM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 05:15 AM

Sam, dipped down to the same lap times my first time there.
Don't know about you, but was riding my F3 WAY over my head to get around that quick. <g> Figure if Nicky is running 1:25s, we aint doing too bad!
That is the best track/facilities I have ever raced at.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Sorry guys....I can't minimize the size of the pictures and the pics. exceed the limit that the website can take. Sorry about that. Thanks Tony for your compliment...very sweet of you....after VIR, I think I'll be able to shed off a couple of seconds at summit point. VIR was a great track though!

Hey Big Hurt...I'm a gal, not a dude

Sam

Again...I'm very sorry!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Lets try this...

I'm 797, my racing partner #269....

Last edited by Mongrel Racing; 07-30-2002 at 06:28 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 03:56 PM

Awesome shot! Tad big, but badass!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 06:05 PM

NICE picture of you and Ivan, Sam. Really good time for VIR too (from all I gather).
I did the NESBA Intro at Summit Point on July 21st and I'm HOOKED now on track riding. I plan on joining NESBA early next year.
I NOW see exactly what you and Ivan were trying to get across about riding on the track.
Are you by any chance going to the Aprilia Femmoto Ride at VIR on August 9th? I'm registered and staying for the AMA Superbike races that weekend too. I may even take advantage of the half price track day offer for registered riders of Femmoto.
Deborah LaTour
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Nope...don't mind at all. Sorry, I did what I could to make it smaller.

Debroah! Great news to see that you're hooked on track days! I'm incredibly happy to hear that.....See....once people get their butts on the track...you completely see what Ivan and I were preaching about so much! The street and the track are two different worlds!!! I hope to see you on the Loudoun Track day in September, I'll be pace riding.

Yes, I am all signed up for the aprilia Femmoto ride at VIR on Friday. I'll be there for the weekend AMA races too.... I'll see you there! I expect you to do really good too Just don't pass me

Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode