Need Help Locating A Track School in the D.C. Area - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Need Help Locating A Track School in the D.C. Area

I'm looking to attend a track/racing school next month. I was looking at Summit Point's web page and didn't notice any schools scheduled. Dose anyone have a link to any tracks in the D.C. area that have track/racing schools.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 08:48 AM

California Superbike School has dates at VIR in Danville, VA.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 09:20 AM

Team Pro-Motion does track days and schools at Summit and VIR. I believe Jason Pridmore's STAR schools operate there too. There are others.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

kvpZX9R, how do you like Hollaman? I was stationed there from 1996 to 1998, I found that place to be a big sh!t hole, the only thing I liked out there was riding up the though Cloudcroft and drink in Mexico.

Last edited by Kneeslider1; 07-25-2002 at 11:45 AM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 12:53 PM

Hey - I'm from the DC area also (Fairfax). I couldn't find many schools around here. I am however going to attend the CLASS school at Pocono on Aug 5,6. That was the closest place I could find and its still about 3.5 hours away.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kneeslider1
kvpZX9R, how do you like Hollaman? I was stationed there from 1996 to 1998, I found that place to be a big sh!t hole, the only thing I liked out there was riding up the though Cloudcroft and drink in Mexico.
I hate that place. That's why I have "PCS Me" in my sig line. THe state has recently repaved the road from Cloudcroft to Sunspot. So now there's about a 25 mile stretch of perfect twisty road.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

If you can man, PCS to RAF Lakenheath in England, it's sportbike heaven over there. There is sportbike everywhere over there I wish I could go back. I'm now at Andrews AFB, near D.C. and this is a bigger sh!t hole that Hollaman. The D.C. area has to be the worst place to live in the whole US.

Good Luck
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 07:26 AM

VIR is the best track around, although kinda far from DC. Summit points Jefferson circuit is very busy and not very fun to ride. Its got alot of asphalt patches mid corner that dont give much confidence. Pocono is pretty bad too. I recommend renting a trailer and hauling ass down to VIR. Theres TONS of bike track days, either thru schools or NESBA.

check out www.nesba.com

www.virclub.com

www.cornerspeed.net
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 04:49 AM

I have to disagree, summit JC doent have any concrete patches, was there a week or so ago. its actaully a fun little track, very technical, sub 1 minute laps. You can have little slides going over the white lines but its nothing to worry about, a 3" slide that you hardly even feel. traction is very good there, and the main course has no problems either. There is a charity track day on the main course on august 21. You can sign up at www.nesba.com and you dont need to be a nesba member to get the cheaper price.
VIR is the best though,i have only done the south course will be doing the north next month.

cheers
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

The old lady whats to go on vacation, so if we have any money left over I'll be attending the track day at Summit Point on August 21.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode