wanna see beaver.....run - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
wanna see beaver.....run

http://www.racedayphoto.com/video/dennis4.wmv

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-19-2002, 10:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DaDuck748
Dude... don't say "beaver". You... uh... nevermind.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 09:07 PM

Looks like a good track. Wide run off areas. Is there a good sized lip at the edge of the pavement or is it my imagination?

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 09:52 PM

Hey! I was just at that track on Saturday. Can't wait to get out there and run it. ProMotion in supposed to come back on like the 4th of August. I'm there.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 10:12 PM

If your coming on the 4th, amke usre your tires are in good shape. I went through a take off that only had 3 trackdays on it and wore the right side out by 3pm. We had an open track on Saturday so I was on the track a lot, close to 4 hours of track time, so that would cause high wear. Track has nice traction, which is a very nice thing, so tire will wear.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 11:03 PM

wow, and I thought *I* talked to myself a lot while I rode.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 12:10 AM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by funksouljon
Looks like a good track. Wide run off areas. Is there a good sized lip at the edge of the pavement or is it my imagination?
Hi Jon. It's been a while. I got out there the last two Sundays for my first track days. I ran my 600+ lb. "refrigerator", as my riding buddies so fondly call it, and had a blast. At 60,000 miles it's still chugging along quite nicely! The first day the pavement had only been down a couple of days and the grading around the perimeter was very rough. You didn't want an off track excursion but the track itself was excellent! In the week between they at least got everything graded pretty nicely. At present there are no curbs, but that and other finishing touches are in the works. What's done is very nice and if it is any indicator, we are finally going to have a first class facility near to Pittsburgh! What doesn't show well on the video is the elevation changes. They add some excitement to the ride!

Last Sunday I also got to meet George (GS-500 rider), another fine SBW contributor. He is an instructor with Team Pro-motion who ran the days. Although I don't have experience with other groups, I thought they did a real nice job and kept it fun for everyone! I know it'd be a haul but it would be fun to see you and some of the other guys up here someday! Hey, do you think you and your brother will make the Smackdown this year?

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.

Last edited by Dad; 07-23-2002 at 12:14 AM.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
Quote:
Originally posted by funksouljon
from what i heard there is a good sized lip at the edge of the track, it's not completely finished yet. from what i've heard they will have curbing and grass soon...

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 11:36 PM

Not that I would be able to drive all the way up, but it is nice to see more and more tracks open up. Too bad the newest down hear is so-so. Perhaps Joss can give you his 2 cents.

The curbing and gator teeth. Sweet!

Dad, you are right, long time no see. I am in in "training" so I don't have a lot of play time. I don't know about Smackdown. I am starting to look for a new bike, and then possibly if school, money, work, and the girlfriend all come into alignment, I might make a trip up for the Smackdown. It would be nice to do it again. I haven't ridden on the street much since last Smackdown!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 05:35 AM

Looks like I need to plan the next business trip to PA around a TPM trackday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode