Fontana July 14, 2002 Fastrack Riders - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Fontana July 14, 2002 Fastrack Riders

FYI

I went to the 7-14-02 track day put on by Fastrack Riders at Fontana Raceway in the infield track. I had a ball. The track is a lot more fun than the track map looks like.

The new owner (of Fastrack Riders) pointed out that the special introductory price was not going to be offered again.

Fontana Raceway will be the new home for Fastrack Riders from now on.

He did point out that the facility had an M.D. and a hospital (of sorts) on the grounds. The ambalance workers are professionally trained for the nascar races. There were three ambalances available I was told.

The facility is VERY nice. (only because it was meant for nascar people, I am sure) There was a HUGE garage where every one could pit in the SHADE.

For anyone local, it may be worth the extra bucks. Especially when you consider the cost of a hotel in Lancaster or Palmdale and the gasoline it takes to go to Willow Springs or The Streets.

I went with two friends from Palomar. They transfered up to the Advance division on their second session.

One time they came back to the garage with their eyes as big as saucers, raving about this guy that low-sided right in front of them after a last second pass.

The guy was fine. Later he turns up at our pit area.

'Turns out it was SBW's very own APEXISMAXIMUS!!!!!!!

He had scuffed the bodywork a little and sheared off his right footpeg.

Get this.

He rode it home.

Apex, you DA MAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 08:46 PM

Des..glad ya had a good time..we were there on the 13th..Sat..although I didn't ride..(my bike is totaled) it was a very impressive place..

So Apex lowsided huh..? I hope he's o.k. as riding home..yep, he's a tropper, he rode that fizzer all the way to Buttonwillow for a track day..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 10:09 PM

Made it home fine too, thanks.

Funny thing was I hurt myself more fixing (well rigging is more correct) the damn think than I did falling off!!!

Had to beat the %^$^$^*%$^%^$^ out of the exhaust to get the can back into position with the mount.

Rode it to work the next day with new LP footpegs (that ought to help my ground clearance problem) and a [email protected]@@ed up exhaust.

Gawd I felt like dogshit for cutting the session short. I rode back in and cleared the track as fast as I could but they had already red flagged and pulled every one in

Oh, and lets here it for frame sliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode