Why CCS, ungwaha, FSJon? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Why CCS, ungwaha, FSJon?

Hey guys. Why are you racing CCS instead of WERA? This is just a question of curiosity.

I thought about trying CCS, seeing they would be here at Roebling this weekend, but the requirement to mount the belly pan on my GS500 without zip-ties knocked me out. Add to that having to pay another annual registration fee.

How do they compare to WERA on getting "in" and started?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 02:47 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i race ccs because i can race more classes with my bike than i can in wera.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 01:04 AM

WERA vs CCS

Well, I am licensed in both. Come on, you spend how much money per season? What is another $80! <g>
I like both and will continue to race both. They each have different aspects that are attractive. Short list of what I can think of.

WERA has more (not too many, but some) bike requirements. If you are good to go with WERA, you are goos to go with CCS, but not vice versa.

WERA seems to be a little more orginized. Look at the different websites. WERA also is kind of astepping stone into AMA. They have more support in a lot of ways as well. Road Racing World. I beleive WERA just got the AMA Pro stuff handed to them.

WERA has it's own endurance racing that get some LARGE teams competing in.

WERA is a bit more groupie. You know, there is an "in crowd".

CCS seems to be a bit more laid back and has a different aura and feel to the weekends.

I like the way CCS scores better. WERA gives points to the top 15 but CCS gives points further back. Makes you feel like you earned something in CCS when you finish 25th out of 60 versus having nothing for a WERA weekend with the same finish.

WERA has a national series, and also has a huge invitational event at the end of the season where all the top runners for each region go. I think that is really cool.

WERA does award ceremonies at the end of the day. I have yet to go to a CCS event that does.

You will get a lot of opinions on which is best, but I think they both have thier ups an downs. I will try to concentrate on one next season (dont know which yet) for points. This may mean CCS since I can get points and still be slow! <g>

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

Jon, you're right that the extra $80 is pretty meaningless.

Thanks for the perspective. I really had no idea about the differences.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 09:59 AM

Well, when you go to particular forums it seems that the guys who support A think that B sucks and vice versa. But really, they are both pretty good. Just a tad different. But like I said, if you can pass WERA tech, you can almost always passs CCS tech. Instead of using zip ties, use safety wire. And go check out CCS. Shoot, I would do whatever it took to go to RRR since you live like 2 blocks away! Just wait though. Once you go to VIR, you will think RRR is small time. VIR is THAT bad ass!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode