My second Track Day! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up My second Track Day!

Had quite a track day at California Speedway, just east of the Los Angeles area. Thanks to David Hawks for helping out when needed!

Read the entire, long winded, pictureless, report in the TALES section of tz250racing.com, or use the direct link, below.

http://www.tz250racing.com/MIKECS071302a.php

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 05:58 PM

Re: My second Track Day!

Quote:
Originally posted by TZ250
Had quite a track day at California Speedway, just east of the Los Angeles area. Thanks to David Hawks for helping out when needed!

Read the entire, long winded, pictureless, report in the TALES section of tz250racing.com, or use the direct link, below.

http://www.tz250racing.com/MIKECS071302a.php

Enjoy!
Ahhh..another great report..

Well I can tell all of you this..I met TZ250, and his wife Sat..nice people..I can also say that he underestimates himself, I watched 1 1/2 of his later sessions, and he had no problems hangin with some 750's..that were going pretty good.. I hope ya get that clutch workin good, it was great meeting you and your wife..And yes, his TZ250 is a sweet looking bike.... wish I had one..
in fact..I wish I had a bike that I could have riden that day..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Hammer, It was nice meeting you. Things really started to come together on my last two sessions!!

Hope to run that track again in the future. It makes Firebird seem like an old logging trail.

(the gal was just my girlfriend, not married yet!!!)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TZ250
Thanks Hammer, It was nice meeting you. Things really started to come together on my last two sessions!!

Hope to run that track again in the future. It makes Firebird seem like an old logging trail.

(the gal was just my girlfriend, not married yet!!!)
Maybe one of these days, during a weekday, and when Robert gets settled in, all of us could do a track day at the streets of Willow... $99.00 and they serve donuts, and juice in the morn. hrs. and usually have a great lunch included..

But there aren't those slick garages we had, oh..and no t.v.'s either..lol uh..sorry bout the wife thing...my old age ya know..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

$99.00? ? ? ! ! !

damn... ok ya thatd be fun!

Who puts that track day on?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 08:02 PM

MCT..the same folks that offer the MSF course here in So. Cali. they have 2 groups, 20 on, and 20 mins. off..so lots of track time.. and good people too..there's a bunch of us that do em..just for the above mentioned reasons..Try to make one if ya can, they start up again in Sept..gets to hot in July, and Aug...Here's a link, click on the gallery..
http://www.ccriderlosangeles.com/TrackDay/default.htm

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 03:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
great post mike, glad you kept it up unlike some of us.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 09:07 AM

Thumbs up

tz,

Sorry we didn't meet. Myself and Hecklerr6 we down at the other end of the garage (gray/blue R6 and black/yellow 929 intermediate group). We did run into Kim and her boyfriend though.

I liked your story, we had a great time out there. I see you also found the guy with the black leathers! What a trip! The first time I came around him I thought he was giving me the line (he was entering the turn on the far inside). Big suprise when he squared it off and whacked the throtle wide open. Oh well, no problem that's one of the perks riding a 929, I don't have to get stuck behind drag racers.

Anyway, the weather was great, the track was great, and the venue was great. In fact, toward the end of the day I got my girlfriend a ride in one of the Nascars that were circling around us all day. That was fun and she got to bring her adrinaline level up to match mine (fun for the whole family!).

I'm glad we missed the drive you had. We went over to Ontario on Friday night and stayed at the Sheraton Ontario Airport. It was pretty cheap and turned out to be quite decent. We stayed over Sat. night and headed to San Diego in the morning and Hecklerr6, myself, and our girlfriends hit the San Diego Zoo (agian, more family fun, gotta keep things balanced). We did get some payback though. We hit a hell of a strom on the way home Sunday night. Le headed up to Phx off I8 and I continued on to Tucson. We got home around 1230am and strugled through some serious monsoon.

All ended well and we are allready jonesin' for our next track day. Maybe Firebird E in Aug hot hot or head back to Cali. 'till next time....
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Hey cyco,

Didn't know you were there! Did you ride the very last session of the day? That was my most enjoyable session and i really started putting the whole track together. It was great as there were only a handful of bikes.

There was a Blue/White R6 or R1 i believe that i was chasing for the last half of the session, i think i was reeling him in slowly when the last crash happened around turn 5-7 (the looper at the west end of the track)

It was a blast. And you better believe i'll be at Firebird in August. I need to sort that track out and break 1:20!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 09:37 AM

Thumbs up your second trackday

Hey Mike! Great story! Yep, it was a blast..i loved it..i was only 3 inches from dragging my knee, got the boots down a bit..i will try next time a little harder for the knee! Get that clutch fixed?! That was a big bummer for you..sorry, but at least you had some good sessions at the end...LMAO! I warned you about the guy in the black leathers! He should of been in the newbie group, but im glad no one got hurt by him..as a matter of fact, i dont think anyone got hurt..succesful trackday for all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode