VIR South on 7/6-7 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Question VIR South on 7/6-7

Anybody planning on going to the NESBA events that weekend?

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Well, since nobody else bothered to show up, screw ya'll, I had a great time anyway . Geoff- thanks for schooling me those couple of laps. I wanted to hook up with you again on Sunday, but it never worked out. I should be down there again Aug 17-18 (no family this time) and if you're gonna be there, I'll look forward to you showing me how fast I am not.

-Mike
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 03:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
sorry man, too much racin'.

so how's the south course, never been.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Not that I have a lot of tracks to compare it to, but the S course is by far my favorite. Two days later and I still can't get the grin off my face . If you haven't checked it out, there is a video on the VIR website.

-Mike
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 12:09 PM

The south course is my favorite too! I like the North course but there is something about the corkscrew that you just don't have on the north course. You were riding great Stake. Sorry I didn't get a chance to hook up with you on Sunday. There were so many guys that kept asking me to ride with them. I was looking for you late Sunday but I didn't see you out there. We had a pretty open track then. You should come out to Beaver Run at the end of this month. We can learn a new layuot together.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 03:10 AM

the esra guys was recently up at beaverun. he said it is incredible. the best track he has ever seen. he said even the go kart course is incredible!!!`

Tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 06:10 AM

The tarmac at Beaver is down from what I hear. Is the TPM day still on for this month? I can't wait to get there.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbr600f4gd
The tarmac at Beaver is down from what I hear. Is the TPM day still on for this month? I can't wait to get there.

from the tpm news scroller:
============================================
Go was the word from the officials at the new track being called Beaverun Motorsport Park located in Wampum Lawrence County Pennsylvania. Go for the Team Pro-Motion track event weekend coming July 13th and 14th. "We have waited for this special time to come as it is always a good day when a new facility opens to accommodate our sport and enthusiasts" said Goldman, Team Pro-Motion president. The North course is paved and ready although the surroundings will be under construction such as the paddock and actual facility.

=============================================

the esra guy said that the facilities aren't completed yet. he didn't go into a lot of details, but it sounded like if you use warmers, bring a generator and take everything with you (ice, gas, etc.). it also sounded like porta-potties, so bring your own roll (a good idea anyway, the tp at most tracks ain't user-friendly).

hey gs500rider/cbrrob if you're watching, let us know on monday!!!!

Tony

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 07:16 PM

Question

VIR locals...
Anything else you can tell me before I head out to VIR in August??
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 11:05 PM

I'm not a local but been there a few times.

I assume you mean with the AMA races in Aug, so that would be the north course. Front straight is fast and kink right over a rise, kinda blind but real easy to get used to. Heavy braking into turn one but the turn is wide and long so you can carry decent speed into it. Turn 2 and 3 are fast and wide. Turn 4 is tight but a very late apex sets up 5 and 6 nicely. Out of 5 into the snake, which is quick flick right and left and down the back straight, pick a letter on bridge to aim at to help you. Then uphill after the back straight it heavy braking the rocket up the hill, flick it back and forth all the way to the top of rollercoaster, this is my favorite part. Going down the rollercoaster is great, nice down hills turn. with a right turn at the bottom, you can carry a ton of speed through it and it sets up your speed for the front straight.

You'll see all once you get out there. Hope this helps and good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode