Team ProMotion basic ART class - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Team ProMotion basic ART class

I was wondering if I could get some input on the track classes put on by Team Promotion. Is there a lot of instruction or is just a controlled track day? What's the student/teacher ratio? Any comments? I took Reduc's class last year and loved it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 09:37 PM

Beginner group we try to keep the Instructor Student ratio about 6 to 1. First few sessions out are follow the Instructor with the first student behind the instructor swapping so all riders in the group can follow. By the afternoon the instructor are the just floating around in the group. Passing is allowed, on the outside of the turns and on the straights. If you need an instructor to work with you just grab one in the paddock or ask the person at the grid to put you up with one. Instructors are available through out the day so just ask one.

If your taking the ART schools they are about 5 to 1 with more detailed and race specific instruction.

What event are you signed up for, I'm an instructor with Team Pro-Motion and we can hook up if you want.

Last edited by lateapex; 06-27-2002 at 09:41 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

I"m a little confused...are you talking about a basic track day, or a track "school"? Is there a difference between a Team Promotion track school and ART class?

The main reason I brought it up in the first place is that I read on another board about a special track school event on either July 4 or July 5 (I won't be able to make July 5 ), and I'm trying to look into it a little more closely.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 09:23 PM

What I explained was how a Team Pro-Motion track day is run for all those who sign up just for a track day. First time riders get a brief class on the do and don't of the track and a basic overview of what to expect out on the track. The instructors will talk to you after each session in the morning and are there of questions all day.

ART schools are an extra cost. With the ART schools you get more in depth training and are with an instructor for the whole day. You ride in various groups through out the day and have classroom sessions too. There are different levels of the ART program, Basic, Advanced and Pro. Each level has it's requirements, see www.teampromotion.com and click on ART school for the details.

Either way you get time on the track with instructors, it's just there are options to how much you want to learn.

Will this be your first time on the track?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 08:44 AM

Guess he got lost between turns 2 and 3??

CbrBob
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 05:23 PM

He sent me email off this board so I did hear from him.

Seagram7 weer you there on the 4th and 5th at Pocono?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 11:23 PM
Dad

Hi, GS-500. I never really payed too much attention to this forum, but had the distinct pleasure of riding Team Promotion's track day at the new Beaver Run facility. I had an absolute ball, was very impressed with the way things were run, and would recommend your program to anyone interested in getting some track time. Our instructors and technical inspector were Rob Lombardi and Dave Gallo. To them and everyone else associated with the program, thanks for a fun fun day. What a pleasant bunch of people. Were you there by chance?

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Hey Gs,

No, I couldn't make it that day. I thought I'd practice on the twisties first, but I found I didn't really have the confidence to try and push myself in a non-track environment. I think I'm going to shoot for the Aug 31-Sept 1 date.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 06:13 PM

Looks like your ready for a track day. Look me up at the track day and I'll be glad to help you out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode