Back Protection - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Back Protection

Anyone know the best place to get a back protector? Not looking to spend too much (I know, my back is worth it... but my wallet can't handle it), maybe $65-$70 max. My suit is pretty tight as it is so I'll need one that is not too bulky and is COOL (live in AZ!!!). Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ride safe.

Heckler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 01:24 PM
Founder

Hey bro,

The is THE BEST place to get your armor (IMHO)

http://www.newenough.com/armor.htm

Tell em Sportbike World set ya.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

thanks...

Hey Robert--
I actually did check them out. Was thinking about the Teknic 7 plate protector. Any experience with these? Are they bulky? Do they do discounts for Sportbikeworld members? Thanks for the suggestion.

Ride safe.

Heckler

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 04:35 PM
Founder

The only set I have experience with is the "Nine piece "Dual Density" Suit Armor Kit". I used it with my old Vanson Suit and it was great! No more bulky than normal armor. If you have never worn armor before it will take a little bit of getting used to.

I've never owned anything made by Teknic so I cannot comment on that.

And sorry, no discounts for Sportbike World members.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 03:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i'm not a fan of teknic stuff (personally). i had a glove that ripped in the rain (that just shouldn't happen. they may be a million times better now, but...

for the $65 asking price, you can get a fast lap back protector. www.1888fastlap.com

i never wore one, but it looks better than the dainese thing i have. and my friend said it was very comfy.

www.newenough.com doesn't sell them, but they do get some bargains and they are fast, friendly folks. i bought my leathers from them.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 08:06 PM

Hey Le,

You know I've got the teknic 7 plate and I don't even notice it. It also cost about $69. If you can't find one up there in phx, let me know and I'll pick one up for you (assuming you'll be at the July track day and it's not canceled). In fact, I just got some new leathers to replace my Joe Rocket Highside suit that I trashed at the last track day. It is the JR Speedmaster and the teknic 7 plate even fits nice with it. The Speedmaster has that hump on the back so I wasn't sure how it would work with the back protector. Anyway, it works great for me and it's cheap.

Jeff
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to go with the Fast Lap back protector. I was going to get the Teknic one but they only have the 7 plate one. For my vertically challenged stature, I'm afraid it would become a neck protector as well. I'll let you know how the fast lap one turns out. Thanks.

Ride safe.

Heckler
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2002, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Damn!! Fastlap ones are out of stock... back to the drawing board!

Ride safe.

Heckler
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Wayne

Thanks for the help Wayne. I checked out the Helimot site also. Was thinking about the Erbo but now I think I will go with the Wintex. The TLV is very interesting, too pricey for me though. Thanks again.

Le
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2002, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Finally got a back protector. Ended up with the Wintex, per Wayne's suggestion. It's advertised on moto-heaven.com for 80 but I called and spoke to the owner and he gave it to me for 64 shipped. Tried it under my suit and it fits great, not too bulky. I think it's very similar to the fastlap one. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ride safe.

Heckler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode