Anyone from here doing Buttonwillow - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Anyone from here doing Buttonwillow

June 10th..? I have a feeling it's going to be a HOT day up there..hope to see some of you guys..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 07:13 PM

Re: Anyone from here doing Buttonwillow

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
June 10th..? I have a feeling it's going to be a HOT day up there..hope to see some of you guys..
Hammer. I got a friend in Orange County who rides a balck/yellow TT600 named "Buddy". He is a Buttonwillow addict. He tells me he'll be there on the 10th. Tell him the 'fastest slow guy he knows' says HI

Have fun!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Anyone from here doing Buttonwillow

Quote:
Originally posted by desmo079
Hammer. I got a friend in Orange County who rides a balck/yellow TT600 named "Buddy". He is a Buttonwillow addict. He tells me he'll be there on the 10th. Tell him the 'fastest slow guy he knows' says HI

Have fun!
Will do..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 09:58 PM

I'm There!!!

You moving up to the fast group to keep me company. With 23 turns and 3 miles a lap and 30 riders max/group I figure even if I'm slow I can't get blind sided in the corners too often?????

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by apexismaximus
I'm There!!!

You moving up to the fast group to keep me company. With 23 turns and 3 miles a lap and 30 riders max/group I figure even if I'm slow I can't get blind sided in the corners too often?????

I need to see how my tires are gonna work, I've been getting some nice front end slides, almost like a tuck..so we'll see..there's some fast riders in the street group..last time, I didn't have any brakes to speak of, but this time..

As for gettin blind sided..dependz on who's there.. Yeah, I prolly move up after a session or 2..I might have to get some new tires at the track..

Oh and 3 days..and counting...woo hoo...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 01:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DaDuck748
So? So? So?
Huh? Huh? Huh?
How was it? How was it?
Got n'any pictures?

I wish I was there... but I'll be at THunder Hill tomorrow.

How was yer brakes this time?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by DaDuck748
So? So? So?
Huh? Huh? Huh?
How was it? How was it?
Got n'any pictures?

I wish I was there... but I'll be at THunder Hill tomorrow.

How was yer brakes this time?
Had a great time..Apexamixmus came up, rode his bike up there.. gotta give him props, he rode really well..wound up dusting a newer 929, on his ol fizzer.. Oh, and I forgot my Camera..so no pic's...sorry

I rode like crap..had to replace the front tire..gettin some big slides ..so I had Lenoard, and Matt from Trackside Services, replace it with a new Rennsport RS1..supersoft....now I need a rear...oh..and that tire, sticks like nothing I've ever used..

Brakes worked fine..got some new/used rotors..and they bed in great..! Also got my ol girl dyno'd at L and L Motorsports..Louis says it was running rich, as per the fuel/air curve..anyway..she showed 129.2 HP... Prolly a high reading..

I hope you have a great time at Thunderhill..I'd like to get up there sometime..

Oh..and Des..I tried to find your friend, I found your friend's, friend, instead..they ride the same bike.. any way, I didn't get a chance to talk to him at all, sorry..as a friend of mine crashed pretty good, totalling his bike out, but he's o.k. was his 1st time on a track, I think he was trying to make a race out of it..

Anyway..got another trackday at the Streets, on June 25th..still some spots open..$99.00....includes donuts, and O.J. in the morning, and a nice lunch, + drinks, soda, gatoade..and water..

Here's the dyno chart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dyno.jpg (35.1 KB, 36 views)

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 10:15 PM

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But gawd is that a challenging track to ride well with several sections with corners close together where you have to find a line that sets you up for all of them. Lots of sections where you can ride seriously fast for 2-3 corners running near WOT if you have'em (I almost did).

I must have looked at the track diagram 10 times today thinking how I'd ride/try different lines next time.

The pass on the 929 was on the last lap of the day and for the last 2 sessions I had been all over this guys ass trying to get by. He was just as fast as I was so it was tough to find a safe spot with the passing rules in effect. We had really equal power so it was gonna have to be by better line/strategy rather than in the straights. Coming through the BIG sweaper he was running a tighter line than necessary and I actually could see the whole thing play out in my mind. I ran it out a little wide and then gassed it to pick up lots of extra exit speed, came back down at the apex about 5 feet behind him with 5-10mph on him and pinned it. He kept it tight and ran to the right after the exit to set up for the next left ~ 100 yards down the track, a fast 20 degree corner. I kept to the left as I passed him and used all the track on the exit of the next corner with a late turn started almost at the apex. Kept it real hot to the next corner, a blind hard right where you apex at the top of a rise (the cornre where Hammer's friend highsided, we think, he was a little unsure of the details??). The apex is still blind, right at the top of the rise, knee riding the curb, hold it a second past the apex till you can finally see the next really quick left......................Made the pass stick.

WHAT A FREAKING RUSH!!!!!

Made the day for me.

And I can't believe Hammer's bike makes the same power as mine, strong ass 750 he's got there!!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by apexismaximus

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But gawd is that a challenging track to ride well with several sections with corners close together where you have to find a line that sets you up for all of them. Lots of sections where you can ride seriously fast for 2-3 corners running near WOT if you have'em (I almost did).

I must have looked at the track diagram 10 times today thinking how I'd ride/try different lines next time.

The pass on the 929 was on the last lap of the day and for the last 2 sessions I had been all over this guys ass trying to get by. He was just as fast as I was so it was tough to find a safe spot with the passing rules in effect. We had really equal power so it was gonna have to be by better line/strategy rather than in the straights. Coming through the BIG sweaper he was running a tighter line than necessary and I actually could see the whole thing play out in my mind. I ran it out a little wide and then gassed it to pick up lots of extra exit speed, came back down at the apex about 5 feet behind him with 5-10mph on him and pinned it. He kept it tight and ran to the right after the exit to set up for the next left ~ 100 yards down the track, a fast 20 degree corner. I kept to the left as I passed him and used all the track on the exit of the next corner with a late turn started almost at the apex. Kept it real hot to the next corner, a blind hard right where you apex at the top of a rise (the cornre where Hammer's friend highsided, we think, he was a little unsure of the details??). The apex is still blind, right at the top of the rise, knee riding the curb, hold it a second past the apex till you can finally see the next really quick left......................Made the pass stick.

WHAT A FREAKING RUSH!!!!!

Made the day for me.

And I can't believe Hammer's bike makes the same power as mine, strong ass 750 he's got there!!!
Good post, Apex. You had my heart racing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode