CCS June 1,2 Streets of Willow - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

CCS June 1,2 Streets of Willow

If any one from SBW is going to be there this weekend, come by and say Hi. Black F-150 Lariat amateur #121.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 03:20 PM

Dang..Des..I'll be up in Ridgecrest on Sat.. and Oceanside on Sun..if I get a chance, I'll stop by to see ya, on my way back from Ridgecrest.. If not..good luck..and have fun..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Great! I'll be looking for you.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 03:56 PM

Sorry Des, I ran a tad late, and couldn't stop by..hope ya did well, and had a blast.. one of these days..we'll hook up..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Talking FUN FUN FUN!

Well, I'm back.

The weather was darn good (for Willow/Streets) Lots of wind and lots of sunshine.

On Sat. I missed out on the first practice session because I was removing/installing my wheels so I could give supercorsas a try.

On the next session, I started out a bit slower than usual, but eventually got comfortable with the supercorsas. My 208s were good, very good, but these pirellis had a little extra. They seemed to hold a line a little better and they seemed to give a smoother ride over that coarse pavement at the apex, coming off of the skid pad.

I ran Formula 40. I was in the last row of the grid. At the start I let a bike gridded ahead of me get by, thinking that would be one less person to have to pass me. Big mistake. As it turned out, I could soon tell that I was faster, but I wasn't fast enough to really get around with any margin of safety. And I fell back in the straights, but closed in through the turns. It was totally bitchin' I would try to late break, but just couldn't show a wheel soon enough to get the advantage so, I decided to get as close as I could and really put the pressure on, hoping for a mistake, but no luck. I finished last.

What was really cool was that, having someone to pursue kept my mind off of worrying about the leaders lapping me as the race went on. I just rode my race, and let them worry about getting around the both of us.

Lots of fun!!!!!!!

Sun. morning I awoke with guilt demons swirling around inside my brain about all the work I had at the office, so I went home. Work sucks, but I love the bucks.

BTW they posted the results of my race sat afternoon and the person I was pursuing was on a Suz 750. So THAT is why I lost so much ground in the straights!!!!!!

Next race, Buttonwillow!!!!! My sister and her family are coming down from Lodi to watch and my parents are going to be there, too.

Later
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 08:18 PM

Ahhh..so ya made the switch huh..? what compound did ya run..? i really wish I could have stopped by..next time..

As always a great report..to bad the rider in front had more hp..I hate it when that happens..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 09:55 PM

Hopefully I can make it to Button to cheer you on, keep at it. Except for that work thing you did Sunday, bad move. BAD BAD BAD.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
Ahhh..so ya made the switch huh..? what compound did ya run..? i really wish I could have stopped by..next time..

As always a great report..to bad the rider in front had more hp..I hate it when that happens..
SC1 in front, SC2 in rear. (SC? CS?) I went back to get another set. He was out, but said he had Metzlers which were the identical tire, so I bought a set of Metzlers same compound. Hope he was right.

I plan on doing CCS Streets of Willow in Oct. Barring any disaster
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by desmo079
SC1 in front, SC2 in rear. (SC? CS?) I went back to get another set. He was out, but said he had Metzlers which were the identical tire, so I bought a set of Metzlers same compound. Hope he was right.

I plan on doing CCS Streets of Willow in Oct. Barring any disaster
Yep, they are the same tire, just a different tread pattern..so how much did ya have to pay for the set..? best I can do is 313.00 + tax, and mounting..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4

Yep, they are the same tire, just a different tread pattern..so how much did ya have to pay for the set..? best I can do is 313.00 + tax, and mounting..
$340.00 mounted and balanced. Would you be interested in my race take-offs (4 practice sessions, two races)? $100.00 PER SET.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode