I sucked big time - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

I sucked big time

On my may 23rd..track day.. first off..we were a tad late gettin there..2nd..I had prolly 16 hrs. total sleep for the last 3 days before we hit the track...this is not a good thing..so I felt pretty drained after the 3rd session...I was getting arm pump for the first time..made going into turn 10, a down hill 90 degree left..really hard for me..I was getting big front wheel slides..also, not a good thing.. All my friends were flyin by me..one of them crashed..tho.he's o.k...and no major damage..So .now for the last couple of days, my left wrist has been pretty sore..from riding..? went riding yesterday in the twisties..and my arms and wrist are still sore..I can't ride worth a crap going down hill into turns..my confidence is somewhat lower that it was last Wed. I'm bummed..So , now I have to get new tires, and a new outlook, for my track daz on the 10th at Buttonwillow.....Maybe age is just catching up with me..????? Now I just have to decide which tires to get..SC1 in frt. SC2 rear, or stay with SC2 frt. and Street rear..????????

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 05:17 PM

It was wierd reading your post because I kind of felt the same way(discouraged) after my 5-21-02 track day.

I decided to get a lap timer so I could actually monitor my progress, and study the laps I did well or bad on.

Besides, that is what track days are for. You would not want to be having "big front wheel slides" on GMR would you???? I didn't think so. See, you're still alive to complain about such things.

OK, two things.

1) Don't EVER ever say your age is catching up to you. At the RACE school I attended last month there was a 61 y/o dentist on an old gsxr600 whoopin' ASS on just about everybody. He passed me so fast and close that I later asked him if he was going to charge me for cleaning the tartar off of my front teeth when he went by!

2) What happened to these wonderful Supercorsas you were bragging about just last week???????

Cheer up Hammer!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by desmo079
It was wierd reading your post because I kind of felt the same way(discouraged) after my 5-21-02 track day.

I decided to get a lap timer so I could actually monitor my progress, and study the laps I did well or bad on.

Besides, that is what track days are for. You would not want to be having "big front wheel slides" on GMR would you???? I didn't think so. See, you're still alive to complain about such things.

OK, two things.

1) Don't EVER ever say your age is catching up to you. At the RACE school I attended last month there was a 61 y/o dentist on an old gsxr600 whoopin' ASS on just about everybody. He passed me so fast and close that I later asked him if he was going to charge me for cleaning the tartar off of my front teeth when he went by!

2) What happened to these wonderful Supercorsas you were bragging about just last week???????

Cheer up Hammer!
Well..I was, and still am disapointed the way I rode..as for the front wheel slides..the front was most likely over due.. and as a matter of fact..I did get in one at GMR..so I'm going to go back to the hard compound Supercorsa's, and Yep..I'll still rave about em..

As for the age thing, there's a world of difference, between what a denist does, and what I do for a living..mines labor intensive..most guys don't last as long as I have, due to major injuries..not using it as an excuse, just explaining..I think I need a refill on my Ibprophin..lol And I plan on making the best of my next track day at Buttonwillow..on the 10th..luckly, it's on a monday.. Des, you ever been timed at the Streets..?

And thanks for the encourging words..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 07:16 PM

Good point about carpenter vs dentist.

The best time I saw at the streets was something like 1:54 or thereabouts. That was when I was at school. The fast guys do 1:30s or less. I get lapped TWICE in a race, usually. I'm working on that, though.

Alright, I'll still try the Supercorsas when I can, but I'm going for the race compound.

Keep us(me) posted!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2002, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by desmo079
Good point about carpenter vs dentist.

The best time I saw at the streets was something like 1:54 or thereabouts. That was when I was at school. The fast guys do 1:30s or less. I get lapped TWICE in a race, usually. I'm working on that, though.

Alright, I'll still try the Supercorsas when I can, but I'm going for the race compound.

Keep us(me) posted!
Cool.. You'll like the tires, the next set, Im going to get the street compound..same as hard race..with the temps. starting to rise..plus they seem to fit my riding style better..I don't care to much for sliding, I like the riding on rails stuff better..

The last time we got timed, the fastest guy in our group/friend did a 1:40 flat, another friend went 1:42, I do about the same..I'd like to see if I can get down to 1:40, the whole key IMHO, is all about the flow on the streets..blow 1 turn, and your screwed, for the next 2 turns.. we need to do a track some time..there's another $99.00 MTC coming up on the 26th of June..????? at the Streets.. heck, they supply water, soda, gatorade, donuts, lunch..it's a great deal..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 02:07 PM

On my may 23rd..track day.. first off..we were a tad late gettin there..2nd..I had prolly 16 hrs. total sleep for the last 3 days before we hit the track...this is not a good thing..so I felt pretty drained after the 3rd session...I was getting arm pump for the first time..made going into turn 10, a down hill 90 degree left..really hard for me..I was getting big front wheel slides..also, not a good thing.. All my friends were flyin by me..one of them crashed..tho.he's o.k...and no major damage..So .now for the last couple of days, my left wrist has been pretty sore..from riding..? went riding yesterday in the twisties..and my arms and wrist are still sore..I can't ride worth a crap going down hill into turns..my confidence is somewhat lower that it was last Wed. I'm bummed..So , now I have to get new tires, and a new outlook, for my track daz on the 10th at Buttonwillow.....Maybe age is just catching up with me..????? Now I just have to decide which tires to get..SC1 in frt. SC2 rear, or stay with SC2 frt. and Street rear..????????

After a crash that injured my wrist at Road Atlanta, my doctor suggested this strange gyroscopic thing that I got from Sharper Image. I still use it and it has reduced arm pump quite a bit. Riding on the track is a very physical activity and you should train for it. A little more sleep wouldn't hurt, either lol. I raced for the first time with no sleep 2 years ago and I was just praying for the checkers by the 5th lap. I know the feeling. I never want to do that again! Just take it easy on the wrist. It's proably just sore.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 03:52 PM

I'm "only" 34, and my wrists, back, and most other joints in my body are hosed! I'm not crazy about taking any kind of medication on a regular basis, but my doc recently gave me some Celebrex and it works pretty damn good with no perceptable side effects.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
I'm "only" 34, and my wrists, back, and most other joints in my body are hosed! I'm not crazy about taking any kind of medication on a regular basis, but my doc recently gave me some Celebrex and it works pretty damn good with no perceptable side effects.
Dang Tristan..I thought I was in bad shape.. believe it or not, I started drinking LOTS of water, seems I was, and have been, as 3/4 of Americans are..dehydrated.. and with that comes joint pain ect..so my last track day, I felt much better.

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 10:11 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
water is your friend....

glad to hear your last time was better.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode