willing to sell soul... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

willing to sell soul...

...for a used, cheap (beaten, ugly, etc.), hopefully already track prepped SV650. I have already run a thread search and to my suprise, i could not find much. Had my first track day last weekend and am hooked like a hopeless drug addict. Already signed up for another one on may 25th. Cannot believe i wasted two years of my life on the street without tasting the track. My question is this, can someone please direct me to websites dealing with used race bikes? I have already run the usual bit of cycletrader, ebay and a couple salvage yards. I asked around while i was at the track and everyone seemed set for the season with the bike they had. ANY help woud be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 11:17 PM

search the net for the different race orgs and most will have classsifieds. Check the back of Roadracing World too.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:14 AM

Cool

Uh, I think you're in the wrong forum dude.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2002, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

so i am now realizing. mis-interpurted the header.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 03:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
also wera.com's bbs is a great source and getting to the track and walking around will find you a bike. just find a bike you like, mention to the racer that you like those a lot and he'll point you in the direction of about 5 for sale. and try the mailing list for the bike you want.

as for posting....you're outta here. on your way to some place better.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 07:38 AM

As Tony posted try WERA.com, there are several SVs listed now. Also try:
http://www.2wf.com/index.shtml
I donít look at them often but there are classifieds at www.SVRider.com

I donít know what price range you are thinking of, track ready SVs seem to hold their value better than some models, at least based on asking prices. If you want to go low-dollar look at EX500, GS500, etc. $1,000+. Ride one for a year or so while looking for a good deal on a track SV, especially at the end of the season.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by svBob
I donít know what price range you are thinking of, track ready SVs seem to hold their value better than some models, at least based on asking prices.
the plus side is that they will likely hold their resale value for years to come, much like the fzr400 and hawk (nt650). good light weights don't come out every 3 months like other classes. it's likely that you could buy a used sv and keep it for several years and sell it for close to what you paid.

that's purely speculation of course.

Tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 08:49 AM

Yeah, Tony, that seems likely. Also the SV is a more capable bike for a new track riderís skills to grow into. And the SV uses modern sized tires. I think the SV is a great first track bike for someone that is already a competent street or dirt rider. But the initial cost is higher than some other bikes that are also good learners.

http://www.wera.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/005622.html
I donít know anything about owner of bike, if it is still reliable itíd be a good first bike. And since the price is so low you should be able to sell it after a 1 or 2 years for about the same.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 09:53 AM

Re: willing to sell soul...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ricerun01
Had my first track day last weekend and am hooked like a hopeless drug addict. Already signed up for another one on may 25th. Cannot believe i wasted two years of my life on the street without tasting the
Welcome to the addiction, Ricerun01.

Just give up hope of having any disposable income from here on out.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by svBob
Yeah, Tony, that seems likely. Also the SV is a more capable bike for a new track riderís skills to grow into. And the SV uses modern sized tires. I think the SV is a great first track bike for someone that is already a competent street or dirt rider. But the initial cost is higher than some other bikes that are also good learners.

http://www.wera.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/005622.html
I donít know anything about owner of bike, if it is still reliable itíd be a good first bike. And since the price is so low you should be able to sell it after a 1 or 2 years for about the same.
actually, the hawk will fit modern rubber. of course it's a 3 valve head. the sv's are really just getting better as more people start racing them. i think a good amateur could do well with a hawk or 400, but anyone of equal talent on an sv will beat them.

it's not bad at loudon-like tracks, but the big tracks in mid-atlantic....they just run out of steam. that and you can do so much to sv's. look at steve keener's or the guy with marchesini's and 996 bodywork (both experts) or the mb motorsports sv's. those 700's are AWESOME!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode