what do u wear?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

what do u wear??

Just had a question from the Gear forum that I though the CRTD forum types might be able to help with?

Thanks

please see: https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums...458#post182458
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 06:04 AM

I just bought a long shirt Friday specifically for wear under leathers. I'll have to look at the name, Cool-tech or something like that, made of a Dupont material. It was $68 through a local shop. Have yet to try it. Has to be better than a t-shirt, or no shirt. It's long sleeve and really long that will cover my ass too. Flow through mesh material with thick ribs to keep your skin off the leather. Looking forward to NOT having my leathers stick to my skin. Hope this helps.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 11:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DaDuck748
This is what I wear underneath my leathers.

http://helimot.com/catalog/other_ite...hirt_data.html

It's got funny ribs on the front/back and sleeves (for long sleeve version). This actually buffers your body away from the leathers, at the same time, allowing air currents to flow. Not sure how well they work in cold weather, tho... as I haven't tried them in cold.

Most racers and track junkies use them out here in CA.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 04:22 AM

Got a mountain bike catalogue yesterday, and they have long sleeve shirts and pants called "Coolmax" or something like that. Might be worth looking into - it is relatively cheap. I believe it is www.nashbar.com
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I placed an order for the raceka suit from England. I'll let you know what it's like when I get it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by apexismaximus
Thanks guys, I placed an order for the raceka suit from England. I'll let you know what it's like when I get it.
Does this mean the Hefty Bag co... will be losing $$$ after ya get that...oh wait..I still wear them...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 05:36 PM

Some of the newer suit, like ones from Wintex, now have a seperate inner suit with padding built into it, it's long sleeves and long pants with pads built into the innder suit. One of the purposes for the inner suit is to allow you to wash it.

I still have an older suit and I wear a long sleve t-shirt and spandex biking shorts under my leathers or on colder days a I have inslulated shirt and pants, it's called polyproplene and I use it for skiing.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 05:39 PM

Frank Thomas Jacket with armour, blue jeans & boots.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Well I finally got a chance to test the Raceka suit out and it's definitely worth the money!!!!!

First off it works as advertised and keeps you cooler in the hot and warmer in the cold.

The ride: got a little sweaty getting set up and out the door. It was ~90f and had to recal the susp from commute to canyon and had forgotten to do it before dressing. This suit will make it hotter when standing still, I don't see how any layer of clothing wouldn't so not a bash, just reality.

So, finally got moving and it was like I was in air conditioning!! I could feel the raceka wick the moisture to the surface and anywhere on the suit where I had good airflow I could feel very significant cooling. The bad news, once dry the cooling action went away but of course at least I was dry and this was much more comfortable being dry and the suit not sticking to me.

Up into the mountains to ~7000 feet and ~60f in the shade and the suit kept me warmer than I'd be in anything else so thin and coffortable.

Down into the desert and it was ~100 in the sun, as long as I was moving it wasn't too bad as the raceka kept the suit from sticking to me and improved ventilation. It was hot but nothing is gonna keep you cool in that temp. It did help make me comfortable though.

Back home, the suit came off like nothing where I normally would have to fight to get it off.

So overall, fixed my biggest complaint about my leathers and the knees of the leathers didn't stick and get out of position after standing and then getting back on the bike in a crouch. Helped getting the leathers off a ton. Kept me dryer and cooler better than expected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode