Rennsports OK for the track ? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2002, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Question Rennsports OK for the track ?

I have a 2000 XX and am currently runing 207's on it. I ran @ willow with them and boogered em up pretty good. Looking @ rennsports to replace em . Any comments or suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2002, 09:59 PM

The Rennsports are good tires. The "Race" tire is really good but is not going to hold up as long as the "Supersport" version in a lot of street riding, especially if you get the RS1 (supersoft blue label) compound. The Race version is about $90 higher.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 05:22 AM

Thumbs up Positive vote for Renns!

I ran them (RS2 - green) on my 1k for a track day last fall at Putnam Park. Awesome tires. I'm no expert or anything, but had no hint of traction loss all day. I could even move around a little at the apex, knee down and they never wiggled or anything. Tried to make the rear spin on an exit and it just wheelied instead while I was leaned over. I still have another track day left on them too. Willow is extremely hard on tires (most say it's THE most abrasive track). My brother rides there frequently, and on his 1K he gets 1 track day on a set before they're toast, he uses 208's. As I get more comfy on the track though, may try the RS1 (blue) front. My green front looks nearly new after 1 track day. Guess that means I'm not pushing hard enough?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 07:42 AM

Re: Positive vote for Renns!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scootter
As I get more comfy on the track though, may try the RS1 (blue) front. My green front looks nearly new after 1 track day. Guess that means I'm not pushing hard enough?
Funny you should mention that. At the track days we run we have AFMotorsports Michelin as our trackside tire service, and the "hot setup" is the RS1 front with an RS2 rear. That is what the die hard guys are consistently using.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

I'm going to just use the non race ones. I need track stick with SOME street life. We ride hard on the weekends and need the grip ! I'll try em and see what happens. My last ride to the Rock Store yesterday killed the rear of the 207. Need tires BAD !
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 09:40 AM

I run...

So far I've been running BT-56 SS tires on the SV and they seem to hold up well. They grip tenaciously and are predictable when they push or slide. They are not worse then the D207 GPs I was running and definitely better than the D207 ZRs I ran before. The other nice thing is that since they're a little more than 1/2 the price of D208 GPs you can use them up and throw them out before they become slippery. Might try them in a Team Challenge endurance race and see how they hold up.

http://www.cycledepot.net

-quikie
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 12:16 PM

Thumbs up Metzeler Sportec M1

I started a thread on some other areas (Suzuki specific) and Shannon, posted some feedback on the M1's. He praised them for tonnacious grip, quick warm up, etc. Sounds like another alternative to the street Renns if you're interested. These are going to be my next set of street tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode