Anyone Rode Buttonwillow - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Anyone Rode Buttonwillow

I have a trackday there on the 13th of April..just wanted to get some opinions of the track..pro's or con's....??

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 04:54 PM

I have several friends who have done track days there there and they LOVE it. They say it is a true road course with elevation changes and lots of turns.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by desmo079
I have several friends who have done track days there there and they LOVE it. They say it is a true road course with elevation changes and lots of turns.
Thanks Des...I saw a layout of the track, and it does look like it would be a blast..Plus I've heard nothing but good things about the Track Dyaz group..

Why do get the feeling...this is going to get expensive..??

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Don't get too excited about the elevation changes. They're nothing more than piles of dirt simulating hills. The track is bumpy (good for practicing relaxation techniques) and narrow in a couple of places. Other than that it is great fun.

Buttonwillow, despite its flaws, is a very technical track. Blow the entry into one corner and you'll lose time in the next two or three corners. I've only ridden there once, but I had a great time. I prefer Laguna Seca and Thunderhill, but for those who live in Los Angeles Buttonwillow is an excellent alternative to Willow Springs. Well worth the time and money.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by photobug

Don't get too excited about the elevation changes. They're nothing more than piles of dirt simulating hills. The track is bumpy (good for practicing relaxation techniques) and narrow in a couple of places. Other than that it is great fun.

Buttonwillow, despite its flaws, is a very technical track. Blow the entry into one corner and you'll lose time in the next two or three corners. I've only ridden there once, but I had a great time. I prefer Laguna Seca and Thunderhill, but for those who live in Los Angeles Buttonwillow is an excellent alternative to Willow Springs. Well worth the time and money.
Thanks for the info...lucky I'm gettin my new suspension before I go...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 10:53 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DaDuck748
I've done 3 or 4 days with the Track Daz crew. They are a bunch of good guys, but they don't seem to be very selective of who registers for their days.

My experience with them is that the people (riders) don't know how to follow instructions (i.e. ignore flags), and ride way beyond their means.

They used to call a riders' meeting because some crashed, the red flag is out, and people ignore it, so a riders' chew-out meeting is always called. Since then, they've started holding afternoon riders' meetings just to refresh everyone's minds.

Don't get me wrong, Track Daz is a good bunch. They are still learning how to put on a smooth track day. I totally believe in giving them your support so they can learn and continue to provide quality track days.

As far as Button Willow, it's a neat little track. It took me about half the day to figure out the track (my first time), but it's a nice fast AND technical track. Elevation changes are... like fore mentioned, simulated.

But take my word for it, it'll be a blast... and start getting expensive.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-2002, 04:25 PM

Hammer. Let us know how you like it.

BTW I'm getting nervous about this Kieth code school I'm taking Mar. 30,31 because my 207 GP have a few track- school sessions and about three laps of practice and then one 8-lap race(the front runners had a 10 lap race) They are probably O.K. , but I'd like to get $100 for the set. Interested?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-2002, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hammer. Let us know how you like it.

BTW I'm getting nervous about this Kieth code school I'm taking Mar. 30,31 because my 207 GP have a few track- school sessions and about three laps of practice and then one 8-lap race(the front runners had a 10 lap race) They are probably O.K. , but I'd like to get $100 for the set. Interested?
Thanks DaDuck..as alway's yur very helpful, as is everyone else..

Hey Des..there's going to be a couple of my friends doing that school on the 30, 31st..

Reduc..on a 916 will be there, also a guy named Larry, on a sweet lookin R1..tell em Greg said Hi..

Thanks anyway..I'm gettin a new set of Rennsports.. sorry I'm not a fan od Dunlops, although I've only used the 207zr's..

still have to find some good rotors for the front, mine are warped so much, my brakes chatter so bad, they are almost usless.. Plus I'm having my suspension redone, and a few other things..so anyone got some good rotorz...cheap..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2002, 09:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DaDuck748
Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4

still have to find some good rotors for the front, mine are warped so much, my brakes chatter so bad, they are almost usless..
I have a set of EBC Prolites, and EBC HH Kit pads, on my Gixxer. Too bad I'm not done with them yet (as I just picked up a new bike, to replace the ol' Gix).

You should try them out. Granted, $340 is a hefty price, but you'll pay more than that for a pair of stockers from the dealer. Them EBC's are AWESOME!

www.Cyclemall.Net. Ask for Frank. Tell him Todd referred you. He'll give you a deal on a set.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2002, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by DaDuck748

I have a set of EBC Prolites, and EBC HH Kit pads, on my Gixxer. Too bad I'm not done with them yet (as I just picked up a new bike, to replace the ol' Gix).

You should try them out. Granted, $340 is a hefty price, but you'll pay more than that for a pair of stockers from the dealer. Them EBC's are AWESOME!

www.Cyclemall.Net. Ask for Frank. Tell him Todd referred you. He'll give you a deal on a set.
Ahh..you tempt me, in fact I was looking at the prolites...but with all the other stuff I need to get..I'll prolly have to get them later, I did get a deal on some used rotors for 100.00 though, then I'm getting the EBC HH pads, for the time being...Kewl, thanks for the hook up, I'll give him a call when I get ready to get them..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode