Sportbike World banner

Chater box

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Luv2RideFast 
#1 ·
Acouple of years ago I bought a couple of chatter boxs and had nothing but problems with it, from communicating to my fellow riding partner to returning the thing. Now I'm starting to hear stories about how great they are. Which makes me wonder if one of the bikes was throwing off electrical interferance. Now that we have two new bikes I was wondering if it may be worth a try again. Do any of you guys have these things and what do you think about them?

G
#3 ·
Pete said:
If it weren't for the fear of hearing RCJohn screaming "Well, hot damn, smear my ass with peanut butter and turn the squirrels loose!" while I'm mid-corner, I might consider getting one.
Holy shit, the other programmer is wondering why Im crying over here !! ROFLMFAO!

#4 ·
The old HJC-90s suck. A friend and I bought them a few years ago, and they suck, it wasn't just you. Perhaps on a cruiser, for person to person comm, they would be OK, but as a radio to talk to another rider, on a sportbike, no way.

They have new ones now, might be better, but I've heard nothing about them.

#6 ·
Pete said:
If it weren't for the fear of hearing RCJohn screaming "Well, hot damn, smear my ass with peanut butter and turn the squirrels loose!" while I'm mid-corner, I might consider getting one.
Don't be steeling Paul's like asswhipe. :p:p The truth is, Pete is too scared of his wife to ask for the money to purchase one. :D

We have the FRS Pro...yada yada and they work pretty damn good. I hear that the new model is much better. I am very glad that we purchased ours. :cool:

#7 ·
We have the HJC-90's and they do suck. The one intercom has nothing but interference all the time. As a matter of fact we lost one antennae this weekend and I emailed them to see if I could get one and also a new clamp for the helmet, mine broke. Seems to me you would be able to get parts for 2 year old models. We'll see what happens. Good thing is he takes turns with me so I don't always have the shitty one. Peanut butter? I didn't know squirrels liked peanut butter.....roflmao

G
#8 ·
RCjohn said:
Don't be steeling Paul's like asswhipe. :p:p The truth is, Pete is too scared of his wife to ask for the money to purchase one. :D
Look here, butt-munch, yeah, the peanut butter part is Paul's but the squirrel part, the best part, is mine. And if you ever saw my wife, you'd be scared too. :D :D

#10 ·
My husband and I and several folks we ride with use them and they work darn good, except we have the very newest model and the microphone is too sensitive, so we went with the old earphone/microphone set up with the new units.

Also, for more detailed information, do a search for "Chatterbox" in these forums, as there was a topic about them awhile back and it was quite extensive.

#11 ·
i was hoping to read sumwhere in this post about chatterbox compatability with other CB Radios.
so, is it? or is it just for use with other Chatterboxes?
im thinkin of buyin one but i wonder if it works with other types/brands of radios or walkie-talkies.
can sumone answer that please:)

#12 · (Edited)
Somebody had two units for sale for $200 in the classifieds. If you're considering them, that's a pretty good price for the pair. I think that some walkie talkies can be used with them but I don't know about CB's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.