gpr steering stabilizer, good & bad - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 05:31 AM

There is one thing about scotts that I dislike, also its bike specific. On a ZX10, I have to trim some of the rubber off the ignition key handle, for the damper interferes with it...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by docta_freeze
problems with leaking have made me skeered of gpr.. i love my scotts and wont go with anything else.. i love the degree when it shuts off in low speed manuvers..
Can you tell me how many turns clock-wise you have your high speed and low speed dials set at? And how do you have your sweep set? My sweep is set at the factory setting which I believe is full range. i am going to play around with my Scott's damper this weekend to get a final setup so I don't have to fiddle with it too much any more. Also, do you mess the main valve too much when you are actually on the run?

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 05:48 AM

And how do you get the cap off the highspeed adjust?

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
And how do you get the cap off the highspeed adjust?
Pull the cap off, it's just a little cap that slips on.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by YZFr6-TX
Can you tell me how many turns clock-wise you have your high speed and low speed dials set at? And how do you have your sweep set? My sweep is set at the factory setting which I believe is full range. i am going to play around with my Scott's damper this weekend to get a final setup so I don't have to fiddle with it too much any more. Also, do you mess the main valve too much when you are actually on the run?
i started at stock settings for my highspeed then slowly adjusted 1 or 2 clicks at a time.. depending what ur suspension is set up like then i would adjust according to ur preferances... my sweep is set at stock and stock isnt all the way.. ull have to read the book.. i fiddled with mine for along time till i got happy with it.. just adjust it a little while riding on breaks or when you end a ride..

i never adjust things while im moving.. ive pretty much got it setup how i like it with the black dialer just at the right position..

if your suspension isnt set up properly then go at that first.. worry bout ur scotts last.. a good suspension will eliminate alot if not all the problems..
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
There is one thing about scotts that I dislike, also its bike specific. On a ZX10, I have to trim some of the rubber off the ignition key handle, for the damper interferes with it...
never ever heard of that, sure u got the right mounting bracket?
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by docta_freeze
never ever heard of that, sure u got the right mounting bracket?
Yeah, its in the manual, first chapter in, there is a "procedure" for key modification... I laughed my ass off when I saw it...

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 08:24 AM

i like the new ohlins on the 06-10.

Looks nice wonder how it will perform.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mainerdr
i like the new ohlins on the 06-10.

Looks nice wonder how it will perform.
The thing about linear stabilizers, is that they look much more likely to get hurt in a crash than rotary units. A rotary is so compact, that something insane would have to happen for it to get damaged... A linear has this long rod, thats just asking to get bent in an impact... and as you know those things are not cheap to replace...

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 07:58 PM

I love my Scotts, Because of it's unique valve system, it translates to, it doesn't bother you with restriction when you don't need it. It does the job you want, when you do need it.

I run it the way it was adjusted when they sent it to me, there is no screwing around with adjustments, even though there is a butt load of adjustments.

I ride a ZX10, trust me, there is plenty of commotion that gets calmed down .

RoK On
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode