Anyone ridden the new Sprint ST1050? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Anyone ridden the new Sprint ST1050?

Just looking for some input from any owners or anyone who has demo'd the 2005 Triumph Sprint ST1050.........thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 05:32 AM

Your mama.
Actually I would like to know how comfortable the passenger seat is especially compared to the latest Honda vfr.

Living the Dream
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

what up......

...the hoopster graces us with his presence....what drags you away from the VFRD? Has Honda released anything on the '06 Viffer?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 12:04 PM
sds

I own a 2006 Sprint ST ABS model. I'm 6'4", 220+, mostly legs. The bike is a bit top heavy compared to my '03 9R, but that is due to the fuel tank being tall rather than wide.

With the upright seating position, and wider bars, the bike is very flickable. It tend to "fall" into turns, meaning that if i had the skill and mindset, I could wait longer to turn in than on my 9R. Instead I make newbie errors by turning in sooner than necessary! Anyway, very manuverable bike.

The seat leaves a bit to be desired, thin padding. But eventually Sargent will have an offering. The pillion pad is supposed to be comfortable, and the leg position fairly roomy. The grab rail does get warm, and in the summer I imagine it gets a bit toasty w/ the exhaust just under the tail like it is.

Mileage has been in the mid to upper 40's, the power is linear, as you'd expect and I have not noticed any real flat spots or hitches in the injection. The heat issue everyone talks about is real, but if you wear proper kit, like i do, it is not a big deal.

I'm not a journo, so if you have other questions, fire away! Otherwise, that's my

Cheers,
sds

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure. Helen Keller
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 04:20 AM
Ice

I don't know to much about the bike, but have been putting some serious considerations into aquiring one. I have sat on one read brief blurbs about them. If I could afford it with ease, it would be no-brainer. I may trade in my 636 and get one. I'm interested in covering some serious miles. My buddy and I are interested in touring the country this summer.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

decision made.....

I am pretty convinced that when I get back from this poop hole, over here (Iraq)...the ST1050 will be my next steed! After me and the Hoopster made our 2,000 miler last year I knew that my touring days on "true" repli racers were over! I'm not ready to give up all the handling that a bigger sport tourer would sacrafice and I want just a tad more horses than the VFR can give....so I think, without a doubt that this is the bike for me and the Nikkster! Before I left on deployment I got a chance to check one out....no demo though....I liked the seating position and overall cosmetics of the Sprint.......I'm excited! Hey! It's only 6 months and 8,000 niles away! Be safe and ride safe!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 09:52 AM

I rode one at Biketoberfest in '05. Overall I liked it. I didn't want to trade my VFR for it though. More vibey than the VFR (but not like a twin), the power was pretty linear, and the handling was good. I kept hitting the rev limiter, but that's from being use to the higher redline of the VFR. The brakes were ok, but I've heard of quality problems. The fit and finish wasn't up to the VFR's standard, and the hard bags did not impress. I read that they have been redesigned and are better, but I haven't seen the new ones. The triple sure does sound good, and I like the blue. I think that if you have a good dealer near you, the Sprint would be a good choice.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 01:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rodm850g
Sprint ST

Guys,
We got us one of the ST's in our local group and the owner came from a GSXR. So far his opiniions are that it is heavier but his speeds are only slightly slower than the mighty {but not as comfy GSXR} Turning into a curve I noticed his exit speeds are somewhat slower but its power on the exit seem to make up the diff.....The electronics on board also are nicere than the Zook....
Trey has also commented on the seat....Triumph has made many updates in the last few years not only in Q/C...but in mgt. I worked a shop that had them and they tried to pull crap on the shop all too often....Since then progress has been made in that field...All in all the ST is a very nice bike...fit finnish,power....if the dependability of the earlier triples of thelate 90s and the 2000s follow suite they just might be with us for a long time!

Rodm850g

damn all this talking/typing crap I'm going riding...
which one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode