Help me decide, XX, VFR, ZZR, or Busa? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Help me decide, XX, VFR, ZZR, or Busa?

I'm going to buy something in the next couple of days. My last bike was a ZX7. It was not comfortable enough for me and the wife. Looking to do 200-300 miles at a time, 2 up. I want something as fast as possible while being as comfortable as possible, with insane handling. Something that you could take on 300 mile trip to a track, wake up the next day do a track day. I don't care about looks at all, they all look the same to me, COOL.

I have narrowed it down to:

CBR1100XX
Hayabusa, w/ new handle bars and seat.
VFR Interceptor
Kawa ZZR1200

Can you rank them top to bottom for:
0-60
0-100
Handling
Rider Comfort
2 up Comfort

I don't want some punk kid in a supercharged mustang to fuck with me. Cars and bikes don't mix. Better to leave'em in the dust than get side swiped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 05:39 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Some of your performance questions can be answered here. And as far as which is fastest, it's the one with the best rider.

I had an XX and it was a kick ass bike in every way, IMO. The only thing I am not sure about is the track. I've heard that linked braking systems can really screw with you on the track, but have no personal experience with it myself. Just something to think about/look into.

All of the bikes you listed would be very capable of doing everything you mentioned, so I'd go with the one that makes you feel all tingly inside.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 05:57 AM
bob

I'll toss in a vote for the ZZR, but I'm biased since I ride one and have never ridden the other ones you listed. The Z is very fast, and handles really well. Good wind protection, decent MPG (40-45), big tank, etc. The only shortcomings are:
lack of accessories
Carb instead of FI (works just fine for me).
7500 valve adjustment interval.

Ergos are terrific, 2 up is no problem at all (may want to get a Corbin seat). Insurance, at least right now, is great with Progressive, they have it classed as a tourer. If you want hard bags it can be equipped with either Givi or Corbin (Corbins look better), but I just use soft bags and it's just fine for me. Also, the 4 headlights really work well at night, better than any bike I've owned.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Thanks for the link and help.

I'm a little impulsive, so punish me, the only bike shop open on Mondays was Suzuki. Sooooo... I GOT A BUSA!!!

Ordered Beatle bags, Corbin seat, Heli-bars, throttlemeister, and some other Sport-tourer add-on goodies.

It'll be the transformer of bikes...9 sec 1/4 basher one minute, 2up tourer the next. Wink, Wink, Knudge, Knudge.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 12:28 PM
UFO

Too late, but FYI…the members of ST.N voted in a 32 bike tournament type setup and the XX came out on top. All the bikes you listed were in the field. The Busa (a great bike) fair worst of the 4 you listed, but still did pretty good. The ZZR, VFR, and XX were in the Final Four with the FJR.

Webmaster -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 03:49 AM

I would of said ZX-12R

I didnt realize when you said "track" you ment drag strip. None the less ive seen the zx-12R win the quarter mile competitions but lose top speed tests. Anyway , i dont know how well it would of worked for touring...

Motorcycles owned:
1981 Yamaha XS650
1987 Honda VFR 700 F2
2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
(current ) 1987 Kawasaki Ninja ZX1000A2
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 12:10 AM

Busa w/Bags

Quote:
Originally posted by kadunkadunk
Thanks for the link and help.

I'm a little impulsive, so punish me, the only bike shop open on Mondays was Suzuki. Sooooo... I GOT A BUSA!!!

Ordered Beatle bags, Corbin seat, Heli-bars, throttlemeister, and some other Sport-tourer add-on goodies.

It'll be the transformer of bikes...9 sec 1/4 basher one minute, 2up tourer the next. Wink, Wink, Knudge, Knudge.
Me too - comfortable ride/fast ride/love my beetle bags
Dlo
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 10:11 AM

Exclamation uhm.....man....have you .....

....checked out the latest, greatest, revamped addition to the sport touring world? The Triumph Sprint ST1050 is taking the touring class by storm this year! Alot of riders are picking it to overtake the VFR as the spourt touring king! Who knows but I did see the first one to reach our dealer, the day-before-yesterday! It is a beautiful piece of machinery, with the performance to go along! Check it out. I'm approved for the loan!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 02:08 PM

Thumbs up Get the vfr

I ride a vfr with my wife sometimes around 250 miles and she doesn't have any complaints. She is 5'10" and could not get comfortable on something like a cbr600. Everytime I ride alone in the twisties I'm thankful I didn't get a heavier bike.

Living the Dream
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 04:46 PM

I just picked up my zx12, 1200 mi in three days, if your doing more than 500 mi a day I woundn't recommend it stock.

Sure beats my concours, in so many ways, except MPG, miles per-day.

Saying that it will do a track day. Just not as well as a 12.

Connie at the track.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/580087/3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode