LED brake light doodads - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2002, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
jrm

LED brake light doodads

Any of you have these domino-shaped lights on your bikes? I have seen them made by Hyperlite, BackOff and several other companies.

Are there better ones than others? Bright and blinky when I brake is what I am looking for.

I made some for my CBR that was stolen and, as cheap as they were, I was never impressed with the intensity of them. Figured this time I will just shell out the $$ for them, but I want good ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2003, 07:16 PM

I've made some lights for other guys and found a good source for all sorts of LED's at a reasonable cost.

Truck Stops. They have a bunch of different sized LED liughts and they're cheap! Also very bright. Lots of them are, of course, too big for mounting on a bike, but lotsof them are just the right size.

I bought some at a William's Truck Stop but have seen them at lots of others too.

Good luck.

Eric
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 12:31 PM

I've picked up LED's and mini strobes through www.squadfitters.com which is a law enforcement supply company. They have a variety of LED's designed for bikes as well as some nifty little strobes that make superb emergency flashers. They come with red, blue, amber and clear lenses, needless to say, check your local regs...don't put red strobes facing the front of the bike

I also installed an LED light bar over the license plate, linked to my brake light, that shows up well:

Our greatest challenge in life is living up to our own potential.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 05:20 PM

JRM

I use a great tail light mod called TAILBLAZERS check them out at Kisan technologies

They consist of replacement tail light bulbs and base - the bulb is a 10 w halogen - the base is equipped with a circuit board that causes decayed decreasing flashes while the brake light is activated. You start breaking the brake lights, they start flashing at 20 times per second , then 10 x/sec, then 5 xsec until a steady light.
Great for catching AND keeping the attention of the guy behind you.

AND they also look cool......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode