St 1300 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

St 1300

Anyone got a deposit down on the new ST 1300? Just wondering who all is interested in this bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 05:08 AM

Pan European vs FJR

Hi,

I'm quite interested on this bike and am quite close to order it too. However, before taking the final decision I'm looking at some opinions. I'm quite unsure about which bike is best between the, obviously, Pan European and the Yamaha FJR. Have heard so much that really need more opinions

To say all, the difference in price is quite a lot too - the Pan European is much more expensive.

Any replies would be more than appreciated.

Thanks
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 08:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Rodm850g
which one

Good day all,
I'm gonna throw my cash to the honda.....now you just dont know how hard a decision this has been....I am the eternal Suzi owner, and have appreciated the crossed tuning fork folk for a long time,but{ya knew this was coming didnt ya} THe Honda has been around since 1991.....Look at what was available from Yamaha then and now...The Honda may not have as much power,
and is heavier than the yamaha....but the endurance of the brand is what is gonna get me to plunk down the kind of cash it will take to get onto a sport tourer.....Ther are many good sport toureres available....hell I can still take my old screen name sake out and ride it 200 miles and still have a gallon of fuel left over.....
But all in all the Honda is gonna get my vote....
I am keeping my TLS for fun and waking my neighbors up on Sunday morning.....

damn all this talking/typing crap I'm going riding...
which one

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 07:39 PM

i thought i wanted an FJR then an ST1300 and now im kinda torn between the 2... the yamahas stompin motor is nice but so is the hondas comfort and features... honda cost more but not much if you buy the leftover model honda...cant even see an FJR around here...i seen one a couple times on the road but never where im could really look at it...it just went buy where i was workin , and very quickly...lol...i two would appreciate some more owner input from the FJR an St guys here...i think im gonna ride up to Neosho, MO. they have a demo honda there i want to ride (if they havent sold it)...and that ST1300 looks awesome in Blue (in the pics)...wo chime in FJR and ST peeps...lets here it! Thanks, Dusty
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 04:23 PM

Although I enjoyed riding the ST1300 I must say I prefer my actual FJR 1300A. It has more power and grip than the ST1300.

Before the actual 2004 model FJR I had a 2001 model. You may read the comparison between those two models in my website at:

http://pierre.inazores.com/fjra_e.htm

You may also read a nice review on those two bikes at:

http://www.riderreport.com//output.cfm?id=142849

Note that the new 2004 FJR model already has ABS, a higher windshied and a useful storage box in fairing.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 08:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rodm850g
Thumbs up ST1300

Guys,
OK so I pissed and moaned about waiting.....well the wait is over
My new ST1300 finally came in about a month ago....I had been
able to get thew non ABS model about a month prior to its arival and I am glad I waited.We all got opinions when it comes to our bikes and this is mine.
The bike rides not like the 600+ pound bike it is.I finally settled on the mid position for the seat...The power delivery is different....the V4 {longitudinal position} cant is different from my old GS850.....it has a similar feel to a v-twin. When you hit it hard in third gear that is where things get interesting. Some posts have claimed about 120 h/p....Honda claims 80 some f/lbs tourque. The bags fall of when the key lock is operated....they come off easy is what I mean. they hold a full face helmet..I wear a RX7 Colin Edwards,my wifes Quantum E fits fine too.This year Honda added the electric w/shield as standard. Mine came with the BT020...whew there is much dislike of the dunlop on the ST forums....they dont like tar strips on the highways at all....in back woods of Eastren N.C. they save on maintainance by putting liquid tar in cracks.....you can get quite a suprise....I have noticed no unusual handling characteristics even at speed...got conned into riding with some folks on Harldeys the other day.....when I tired of following I blew by at about 110.....no instability noted at all....fuel economy.....why bother? well at just over 1k miles I am getting about 38 mpg.....I noticed wen the w/shield is up it gets better milage....in the up position its quiet ,and when down not so bad...the wind does seem to go over shoulders...I asked of my wife if she preferred the w/shield in up or down position....no preference noted.
servicing.....if you want to do it yourself why not! The oil draion plug is under the foward most point of the motor on the left. With the bike on the center stand the oil filter is just over the left leg of the c/ stand. I used one of the cap type filter removal wrenches....There is small inspection panel on R/side of fairing at knee level, push pin in pry up plug and slide back panel.....there is a silver plate with a grommet on left lower side, prize iot up and slide towards front of bike then off it comes....there you find oil fill point. also when it comes time to the plugs are in same place and as tool kits go, everything you need to do minor service is in the kit. NO, these arent Snap-On, or Craftsman but take your time and be patient and you can change oil in about 20-25 minutes prolly faster with more competency.
My last but real grip is now with Honda for not supporting this fine bike with all the accesory range in the USA that is available to the folk in Europe.....A top box , radio There are several other items that are available from several internet sites but what a shame Honda not fully supporting this bike as they should......
are they afraid of losing Gold Wing sales to this bike.......?
Well ok as I say enoug of this talking/typing crap....lets go riding..

rodm850g

damn all this talking/typing crap I'm going riding...
which one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode