another gear question: heated grips - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

another gear question: heated grips

Anyone here install the heated grip elements that Aerostich sells?
here's the link They are the first item on this page.

I'm just not sure how they mount. Do they go UNDER the grips? If so, is it difficult to get the grips back on, over the elements? Anything else i should know about the product?

If i should stay away from these things, what heated grips would you recommend?

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 08:31 PM

Yep, the first ones pictured go under the grip, and you put the grip back on over it. They don't provide much heat I'm told, and the left one tends to heat up your handlebar. Hot Grips at my local dealer are only $59, but the grip material is hard as plastic. Aerostitch also has grip wraps that go over your grips and are held on with velcro. I'm leaning toward electric gloves, but they cost. Hope this helps. Larry
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 06:36 AM

I have a pair of Oxford Products electric grips. Only one heat setting but a nice small switch that attaches neatly to clip-ons or standard bars with a couple of cable ties.

The grips themselves were super soft and in fact wore out after a year of daily riding. I just bought a new set and hooked them up to my prior wiring. The element is contained in the grip and is totally waterproof.

One thing I notice with electric grips. On really cold nights your hands will warm up quicker than your tyres, which confuses the old brain a bit. Not the first time I've tipped in on cold tyres and wondered what the hell happened

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode