ST1300 Release When and How Much? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

ST1300 Release When and How Much?

Anyone in or outside the industry heard USA release and price info? Maybe there is a way to relate the euro-price to here. I have a deposit on a 2002 sportbike but I am sure my wife would appreciate this one more, although I might hate the weight. I sort of have moved on from my Goldwing days and back to my sportbike roots. Thanks.

Keep the dirty side down!!

Last edited by DIRTYCURTYD; 04-16-2002 at 10:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 01:37 PM

About 4 or 5 grand more than the FJR from yamaha that will spank it on the sport side and keep pretty good pace on the tour side.

12 grand vs 17 I believe. I couldn't believe they were going to try and sell the ST for pretty near as much as the Goldwing.

With the new wing so sporty they say, I can't believe the st is much different/better when you consider cost and all the super hot competition the ST will have in the Futura and the FJR. I don't really see who's gonna buy it??

As far as you go, sounds like you would appreciate more sport and as far as the wife goes, mine just sat on the back of the Futura and FJR and was real impressed. The Futura has an incredibly wide and comfortable looking seat.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Where are you hearing the 17 grand numbers? It doesn't sound like Honda Marketing, I have watched them introduce numerous models. They always come in low and then raise the price as the model is established in the market. Maybe I am just being optimistic. I may just have to get my wife riding her own bike and hold onto the Buell and the RD400.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 06:33 PM

The idea of getting the wife her own is by far the best, but that FJR is mighty sweet. A dealer in Alabama was advertising them for $9999 + tax TOTAL.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DIRTYCURTYD
Where are you hearing the 17 grand numbers?

It doesn't sound like Honda Marketing, I have watched them introduce numerous models. They always come in low and then raise the price as the model is established in the market
1] motorcycle show in long beach at the Honda display, ie the horses mouth

2] yah, I nearly fell over when it was sitting next to a wing that cost less than a grand more. I have no idea what is new on the 13 that makes it so expensive.

OTOH, I just saw a NEW st11 for under 11. That's at least competetive.

Tristan, , I can almost afford that!!!! Unfortunately it's gonna be awile for the almost to go away. That's a sweet deal.

Last edited by apexismaximus; 04-17-2002 at 05:47 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2002, 06:26 PM

The Honda rep at Laughlin said late July most likely. BTW, they did not have one on display.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2002, 06:41 PM

I'm not sure where yu all are getting your info, but check this out:

http://www.hondamotorcycle.com/model..._number=ST1300

$12,999 and $14,499 for ABS. That's quite shy of 17 large and a grand more than the FJR. I think I'll wait until both have been tested AND come in colors other than primer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode