Any VFR 800 electrical poblems? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Any VFR 800 electrical poblems?

My buddy and me were out cruising around today for a couple hours and at one point we stopped to visit a friend. Upon trying to leave, we found his 2002 VFR 800 that he got 4 weeks ago wouldn't start. It would barely turn over once, and he noticed the clock had reset. As near as we can tell, the battery died. We were able to get it going by bump starting it and he rode it back to the dealer. I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else had any probs like this though.
Thanks!
-Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 06:42 PM

VFR Electrics

I've not had a problem, but I've read plenty of posts about the VFR regulator/rectifier going out on a fairly regular basis. Haven't heard of that happening on a new bike, though. I have also heard of a ground wire being wired incorrectly on new bikes that led to this same problem. Larry

"I didn't say we wouldn't get our hair mussed."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 07:18 PM

Re: VFR Electrics

Quote:
Originally posted by Colorado
I've not had a problem, but I've read plenty of posts about the VFR regulator/rectifier going out on a fairly regular basis. Haven't heard of that happening on a new bike, though. I have also heard of a ground wire being wired incorrectly on new bikes that led to this same problem.
Yeah, the symptom is consistent with an r/r problem, which I've experienced twice on my VFR750. FWIW, I think I've solved it by cleaning up the frame contact point for the r/r ground wire and applying Boeshield protectant. Or, maybe I've just been lucky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode