Corbin or Sargent seat recommendations - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Corbin or Sargent seat recommendations

so, the seat on my sabre v45 is well worn, and leaky, so i want to upgrade this year. can anyone reccomend one over the other? i commute and sometimes go on road trips on the bike. my big concerns are comfort (which either should provide, better than sitting on a wet plastic seat pan, right?), weather proof too. i saw that the corbin saddle is leather. does it absorb water like a leaky vinyl seat? does the water damage it, if you take reasonable care of it? any feedback is appreciated. thanks
mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 11:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rigbiger
Corbin vs Sargeant Seat

I've had both Corbin and Sargeant seats. Both were very well made. Both were done in black perforated leather on the seat surface with vinyl side panels. The perforated leather breathes well and doesn't make your backside sweat in the summer; however, if it is caught in the rain, it takes a while to dry out.

If Corbin still makes your pattern, then you will have two choices of manufacturer. If not, Sargeant will rebuild your existing seat just about any way you want it.

Of them both, I found the Sargeant to be the more comfortable of the two.

Good Luck

Tim D.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the info. i need to call up sargent to see what the turnaround time is. did you have the standard padding, or did you opt for some upgrade? thanks
mike

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 07:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to Rigbiger
Mike

I had ugraded padding applied to the drivers seating area. I also had the seat widened by two inches so it would be more comfortable on long day trips.

I had my saddle rebuilt last September. Sargent had it back to me in two weeks. I cheated though. I had bought a spare saddle on e-bay so I would not lose the use of the bike. Also, since the bike I put it on is collectible, I wanted to hang on to an origional saddle for the bike (my 86 Yamaha Fazer).

Anyway, Good Luck!

Tim D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode