I Found FZ1 Part Utopia! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2001, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to minfinger
I Found FZ1 Part Utopia!

First off, I own a 2002 FZ1 and I haven't really been able to find in good after market parts dealers in the US. The Things you can buy from Yamaha are only Cosmetic and they suck. So I was poking around at www.yamahafz1.com (Cool Site, I recommend it) and I found a link too a cool after market page.

http://www.riderhaus.com
FZ1 Parts
http://www.riderhaus.com/fz1_products.shtml
They Sell almost all of the European Yamaha Parts, and cheaper than from Yamaha. The Shipping is high because it's coming over the pound, but it's worth it to get the parts. Personally i've been trying to find the Frame Sliders for my bike and they sell them for $130 + Shipping. One Dealer I talked too said, $150 and that didn't include shipping.

Here's Somethign for the Rest of you Sport Tourers, Hard Luggage that's Water Proof and it's color matched to almost any color! It's made by a company called Givi. It's expensive stuff, but it's top quality. All the Boxes Lock onto the Bike, Lock shut, and they can all be keyed alike. The Mounting Racks are in the range of $90 for the top and $95 for the side set. The boxes I looked at ranged in price from $180 to $260. I don't think that's to bad considering I was getting ready to spend almost $500 on Soft Luggage that wasn't water proof and it only strapped onto the bike.

Here's some pics on an FZ1. Also Click this link to go to the Luggage.
http://www.riderhaus.com/givi/givi.shtml
Here's Givi's Page, but they quoted way over the Riderhaus guy's.
http://www.giviusa.com/prodmain.html

Here's a Link with some more pics too
http://pub27.bravenet.com/forum/fetc...num=2243036800
Attached Images
File Type: jpg givi.jpg (48.4 KB, 120 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by minfinger; 12-18-2001 at 02:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2001, 02:36 AM

Thanks!

Thanks for the link...I should start blaming you as I get poorer and poorer, my wallet hurts.

Great Link though!

What we have here, is a failure to communicate...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2001, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Hey now. Lets not get nasty

I think my total for all the crap I want to order from them is like $1200! So don't blame me, have sympathy for me and join the club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2001, 12:45 AM

Here's Somethign for the Rest of you Sport Tourers, Hard Luggage that's Water Proof and it's color matched to almost any color! It's made by a company called Givi. It's expensive stuff, but it's top quality

Givi's importer is located in Charlotte, NC. I understand (from the COG listserver) they have a nice showroom, are friendly folks, will mount for you while you check out the showroom (better verify first). They used to have good prices when they were looking for folks to supply, but I don't know 'bout now (although I hear their prices ain't bad). Had a friend in Winston Salem NC who bought a pristine used VFR on impulse (great deal from dealer), rode down to Charlotte the next day, and got 2 side bags/1 top bag mounted the next day. If I'm not mistaken, he got all three bags (installed) for around $600? 'Course, this was a few years back.

Anywho, here's the info:
GIVI USA
805 Pressley Rd.
Suite 101
Charlotte, NC. 28217
(704) 679-4123
Convenient to I-77 and Billy Graham Parkway-easy to find and easy to get back onto I-77. They also have a display area of mounted and unmounted bags for comparison. If you're in the area, stop and let Craig and the boys take care of you.

All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
'Course, if there's a hot tub at the end of a long day in the saddle, who am I to complain?
Concours Owners Group
AMA Life Member
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2001, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

That seems about right for price. The Rack for the top is about $100 and the side racks are $100. Doesn't seem like they charged him for that, if they did it wasn't much. Then you can get 3 bags for about $450. I'm just buying the top of the line crap and a bunch of extra junk, so it's kind of expensive for me LOL

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2002, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

GRRRRRRRR I'm still waiting on my parts

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2002, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE :-)

The Guy told me yesterday that he's waiting on the Windscreen to ship everything So hopefully not to much longer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode