zzr1200 or zx12r? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2001, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

Talking zzr1200 or zx12r?

Hi everyone. I am buying a new bike as soon as they come out in Jan or Feb. At this point I am trying to decide on one of the two listed above. These are actually my only two choices and I am leaning toward , the 12r cause it seems so much more advanced. I just sold my 86 vfr (wich I had put on wider f2 wheels and tires and upgraded the suspension etc.) It was not sporty enough and I want something newer and roomier (6'4")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2001, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Just to clarify, I would like to take my girlfriend for some short rides and just ride the bike all the time, She had a blast on my VFR. Comfort for myself is most important (Thats what I think Huh) 500plus mile days have been known on my VFR/ The biggest reason for my ? is that I can buy them each for about the same price. Going to the motorcycle show on Sunday next weekend in Seattle that might help me decide.
Old 11-26-2001, 06:55 AM

The ZZR is a slick bike, but for the $$$ I think I'd go for the ZX instead. The ZX is FI rather than carbs, which is an important feature if you ride in higher elevations. (I recall a few mountains up in your turf )

For ST work, you'll want bags, which is an extra expense with either. THe ZZR will give you a tad better wind protection, but an Aero Screen can fix that.

After you get to sit on 'em, let us know, 'eh?

Our greatest challenge in life is living up to our own potential.

Old 11-26-2001, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by imguppy
Just to clarify, I would like to take my girlfriend for some short rides and just ride the bike all the time, She had a blast on my VFR. Comfort for myself is most important (Thats what I think Huh) 500plus mile days have been known on my VFR/
What about a new VFR?
Old 11-26-2001, 06:37 PM
UFO

ZZR, definately. Especially if you want some 2up action.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:32 PM

Thumbs up hey man

you know you want it gup, just get the black zx,gotta have the FI,because if you don't you'll just find FI to put on it later
Old 03-09-2002, 04:11 AM

ZZR.......

YOU ARE PUTTING WAY TO MUCH EMPHASIS ON FUEL INJECTION. GO FOR THE ZZR IF YOU REALLY WANT A 2-UP SPORT TOURER. YOU WILL NOT REGRET GOING WITH THE CARBS.
Old 03-09-2002, 07:16 AM

well I have to say I am biased just in the fact that I have a 2002 zx12 r .
Actually these are 2 totally different machines if you are looking for comfort its obvious go with the other bike.
If you are looking to do alot of 2 up riding, go with the other bike.
I personally was looking between the zx9r and the zx12r it was my girlfriend that helped me decide on the 12.
I am so glad I did.
The fuel injection is cool but not a necessity.
I had a 97 zx9r and honestly the throttle response on that was good. This is better but not that much.
Coming from a vfr i would think you are looking for a sport tourer ( i may be wrong ). The zx12r is definitely not that .Its definitely a sportbike you lean more than I did on my old nine and its only a few pounds heavier and has a shitload more power
so i guess it depends on what you truly want from a bike.......
the zzx12r is one sweet looking machine.....just not what I was looking for maybe in another 10 or 20 years I might be though
Old 03-09-2002, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Talking Black/gold zx12r

O.K just to let all you guys know, I am waiting for my new zx12r, I am very comfortable sitting on them and a zzr wouldn't be enough for me. besides my long legs hit the frame and fairing. I fell in love with the 12r and will have it in about two weeks. I'm kind of jealous that some people have them already. Oh well..... I'll let you know.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:26 PM

Just my 2 cents, you made the right choice. The 12R makes a good sport-tourer. ZX leans more to sport, ZZR leans more to tour. But for a kickass sportbike with adequate tourability, the ZX is the way to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in