My 2002 FZ1 - Liquid Silver (pics) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to minfinger
My 2002 FZ1 - Liquid Silver (pics)

OMG! This bike is gorgeous. It was such a totally cool experience getting another new bike! OMG OMG OMG (Like a dumb Blonde LOL) Here's a short story:

I've been waiting for almost 2 months for this one dealer from out of town to get me this bike! He said he could get me that good deal and all, $7,800 which turned into $8351.00 after all the tax and stuff. So he calls me Last Thursday and says, "The Warehouse says it will ship on the 9th." So then I'm like, ok cool, next week I'll go get insurance and all the BS and come up some time next weekend. I'm minding my own Business Friday morning in dream land about 10AM and my cell phone is ringing off the hook. This guy is like, did I wake you? GRRR...It's the Salesman and he said he got to work late this morning and just found out that my FZ1 came in on a truck that mroning at 8:30! I was like, "OMG OMG OMG, I'll be at the Insurance Company and the Bank today, be up Saturday to get her"

So I make a bunch of phone calls and things start rolling. Mean while I had some work to do for a friend that I knew would take me until after lunch. So I make it over to the Insurance company, convenently located in the Local Yamaha Dealer where I live I walk in there and the salesman that sold me my 2001 R6 says,
"What are you doing here?"
"Insurance "
"On What?"
"My New Bike"
"What kind?"
"FZ1, 2002"
He makes this pouty face , "You didn't ask me?"
"Ummmm"
"Where from then?

Long story short, he's had a Silver FZ1 since Monday in the warehouse, still crated. "Ummm, match the price and give me some extras no charge?" hehe, Lower Cawling that makes the bottom of the bike look fat! $250 So I said, where do I sign!!! I called the other guy and canceled, they never ran my credit card for the deposit anyway! LMAO

At 4 PM they pulled my bike out of the crate, see the pics. 5:15, I was back with the check from the bank. The bike was already done! So I got to ride it up the street and back, only about a mile. But OMG this bike has gobs of power.

So then on Saturday, my GF took me back and she took more pictures as I picked up my new toy See other pictures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Crate 1

Coming out of the Ware house
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crate1.jpg (50.6 KB, 146 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Crate 2

Just took the box off
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crate2.jpg (71.6 KB, 139 views)

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Crate 3

Moving it around so the Guy in the back came start bring in all the boats out front.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crate3.jpg (82.2 KB, 136 views)

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Another happy guy about my bike

Here's me salesman Dave, wheeling out my new toy so Ican ride it for a moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dave1.jpg (70.7 KB, 138 views)

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Me sitting on my new Toy Saturday Afternoon

Finally she's mine! Oh, no shorts with a naked bike!! I already burned my leg on the tail pipe, about 20 minutes later LMAO. Keep in mind guys, that's only the 3rd time I've ever ridden in shorts. 1st time in Myrtle Beach fro Bike week, 2nd time I got the original Scare from my R6, and now I've got a Red spot just below the 1st scare. Normally it's jeans and Leather.

No comments, I don't like having my picture taken at all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dealer.jpg (64.3 KB, 141 views)

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Last One

Here's the Right Side of the bike, isn't it just beautiful!?!?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg right side.jpg (56.9 KB, 141 views)

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 10:53 PM

Thumbs up

Lol, Congratulations Man, she is beautiful!

"It's like Dancing sitting down. Squeeze-tap-release-twist. Left hand-right foot-left hand-right hand"
~James Patterson

Kyle J.-
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2001, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Honda...Thanks... The bad thing about it is that my room mate has one of his friends stuff in my garage right now cause she's moving. So I don't have any room to put my new bike in there too. So the FZ1 is sitting 10 minutes away at my grandmothers I have to take the car or the R6 to go get my other bike so I can ride it LMAO

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2001, 12:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to devils playmate
Very nice, congrats
I like Yamaha's silver color this year...looks good on this and the '02 R1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode